Cavani Speculation/News (page 151 onwards)

Taylor said:
sam-caddick said:
Taylor said:
Funny how Mourinho stated Chelsea won't be spending big this summer yet they are already linked with Schulrre, Hulk and now Cavani

Shurlle is a done deal.

Yeah rumours say he is so at present they have Ba, Torres, Moses, Schulrre, Lukaku

and they are being linked with Hulk and Cavani

One of those is as much a midfielder and two could easily be loaned out.

Part of me thinks they could play Hulk centrally though, he's got the potential to be that sort of Drogba player.

auij19 said:
Manchester City's bid to sign Edinson Cavani from Napoli has stalled after failing to agree a £50 million-player-plus-cash deal involving Edin Dzeko, Goal understands.

City, who are understood to have agreed a £150,000-a-week deal in principle with Cavani, have indicated in preliminary discussions with Napoli that they are willing to pay £25.5m cash plus offer £25m-rated striker Dzeko in part-exchange for the prolific Uruguayan.

However, while new Napoli boss Rafael Benitez is believed to have given his blessing to the pursuit of Dzeko, the Italian club are keen to hold out for a greater cash sum that is closer to bridging Cavani’s £53m release clause

SO.... an extra couple of £m will win us the title... get it done amigo's....

Exactly, if we are to function sensibly in the transfer market and take this holistic approach then it would make sense to pay sums for players like Isco and Thiago so that we build a strong young core of players that increase in value.

More goals from midfield is essential and whilst Cavani will clearly add some impetus up front, Aguero is more than capable of scoring 30 plus a season. I am not a fan of stats and minutes per goal etc because players can have an off day or play when not quite 100%. A full pre season and injury free campaign from Aguero and he will be more than capable of leading the line with a strengthened contribution from midfield. And Aguero is a match winner as he has shown with important goals in previous seasons.

Short term thinking would say go and get Cavani at all costs. But as Tolmie states buying a young core for the future and a cheaper striker such as Benteke would be equally as effective in the long term.

avoidconfusion said:
sincity said:
avoidconfusion said:
I will be pissed if Chelsea sign him now, just because we try to haggle over a few millions for an amazing player like Cavani whilst splashing out over 30m for Fernandinho.
Or maybe paying the full amount would stop us from buying another player as the management probably has a fixed transfer budget this summer?
Isco, Thiago and Marquinhos are the rumored targets still remaining..

Then we shouldn't have spent that much on Fernandinho.

Fernandinho was a more urgent position. Dzeko, Tevez, Aguero is a fucking good strike force already. Milner, Barry, Toure and Rodwell - a midfield that definitely needed additions.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
chesterbells said:
markbmcfc said:
Of the two, i'd rather have Isco if we only had a choice of one.

We have players capable of scoring 20 goals a season already.

Cavani is outstanding, but Isco is special, and will be for about 14 years.

If we miss out on Cavani but sign Isco, I don't even care, and I rate Cavani as one of the top five strikers in the world.

Interesting viewpoint that mate. Tbh, I don't know enough about Isco really, so I'm excited to hear him so highly rated

A decent take, although I would support it more if that equation also included Thiago.

Thiago has the attacking talents to score 20 plus goals a season.

Him and Isco are the stars of tomorrow and both have major resale value.

£18m for Thiago and even the addition of another £30m striker from elsewhere still leaves a lower spend than Cavani.

Much as I would love Cavani and all three.

only thing missing from our team that would put us on top of everything!

supercity88 said:
Exactly, if we are to function sensibly in the transfer market and take this holistic approach then it would make sense to pay sums for players like Isco and Thiago so that we build a strong young core of players that increase in value.

More goals from midfield is essential and whilst Cavani will clearly add some impetus up front, Aguero is more than capable of scoring 30 plus a season. I am not a fan of stats and minutes per goal etc because players can have an off day or play when not quite 100%. A full pre season and injury free campaign from Aguero and he will be more than capable of leading the line with a strengthened contribution from midfield. And Aguero is a match winner as he has shown with important goals in previous seasons.

Short term thinking would say go and get Cavani at all costs. But as Tolmie states buying a young core for the future and a cheaper striker such as Benteke would be equally as effective in the long term.

You were doing so well, until you mentioned Benteke ;)

He's not good enough. Not tested enough.

He reminds me of the seasons both Marcus Stewart and Amir Zaki had.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
chesterbells said:
markbmcfc said:
Of the two, i'd rather have Isco if we only had a choice of one.

We have players capable of scoring 20 goals a season already.

Cavani is outstanding, but Isco is special, and will be for about 14 years.

If we miss out on Cavani but sign Isco, I don't even care, and I rate Cavani as one of the top five strikers in the world.

Interesting viewpoint that mate. Tbh, I don't know enough about Isco really, so I'm excited to hear him so highly rated

A decent take, although I would support it more if that equation also included Thiago.

£18m for Thiago and even the addition of another £30m striker from elsewhere still leaves a lower spend than Cavani.

I disagree with the notion that Isco and Thiago should be prioritised over Cavani simply because Cavani guarantees goals. We lost the title last season because united were generally ruthless and even in games they didn't perform they scored. We were the exact opposite profligate and dropped points in certain games that we played ok in. None of our strikers scored more than 14 league goals. We need a world class forward more than anything. If Chelsea get Cavani it will be a double blow to us next season, they will get a player they badly need and we will be left with a gap on our squad again

One thing I'd say about Cavani is that his youtube videos show him scoring the type of long-range shots (albeit a lot more) that Dzeko scored at Wolfsburg.

The question is when he's in a league where you aren't regularly given a few yards space to shoot from 25-30 yards is he still going to be able to conjure up goals out of nothing which frankly he absolutely has to to justify a 50m price tag.

pavelsrnicek said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
chesterbells said:

I disagree with the notion that Isco and Thiago should be prioritised over Cavani simply because Cavani guarantees goals. We lost the title last season because united were generally ruthless and even in games they didn't perform they scored. We were the exact opposite profligate and dropped points in certain games that we played ok in. None of our strikers scored more than 14 league goals. We need a world class forward more than anything. If Chelsea get Cavani it will be a double blow to us next season, they will get a player they badly need and we will be left with a gap on our squad again

You don't just get goals by throwing a better striker onto the pitch though. We're not really taking into account the changes in our attack with the players we currently have, because we're getting a new more attack minded manager.

Either way, I fully support the notion of making sure we get Isco and Thiago ahead of everyone else. Cavani would be the icing on the cake but given the players we have not a necessary addition for the money IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.