Cavani Speculation/News (page 151 onwards)

pavelsrnicek said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
chesterbells said:
Interesting viewpoint that mate. Tbh, I don't know enough about Isco really, so I'm excited to hear him so highly rated

A decent take, although I would support it more if that equation also included Thiago.

Thiago has the attacking talents to score 20 plus goals a season.

Him and Isco are the stars of tomorrow and both have major resale value.

£18m for Thiago and even the addition of another £30m striker from elsewhere still leaves a lower spend than Cavani.

Much as I would love Cavani and all three.

I disagree with the notion that Isco and Thiago should be prioritised over Cavani simply because Cavani guarantees goals. We lost the title last season because united were generally ruthless and even in games they didn't perform they scored. We were the exact opposite profligate and dropped points in certain games that we played ok in. None of our strikers scored more than 14 league goals. We need a world class forward more than anything. If Chelsea get Cavani it will be a double blow to us next season, they will get a player they badly need and we will be left with a gap on our squad again

Exactly,Cavani should be our number one priority now. If we miss out on him I honestly think we will come up short again next season.

nomorethaksintimes said:
One thing I'd say about Cavani is that his youtube videos show him scoring the type of long-range shots (albeit a lot more) that Dzeko scored at Wolfsburg.

The question is when he's in a league where you aren't regularly given a few yards space to shoot from 25-30 yards is he still going to be able to conjure up goals out of nothing which frankly he absolutely has to to justify a 50m price tag.

I'm kind of hoping with our plans he will get 35 tap ins

levets said:
auij19 said:
Manchester City's bid to sign Edinson Cavani from Napoli has stalled after failing to agree a £50 million-player-plus-cash deal involving Edin Dzeko, Goal understands.

City, who are understood to have agreed a £150,000-a-week deal in principle with Cavani, have indicated in preliminary discussions with Napoli that they are willing to pay £25.5m cash plus offer £25m-rated striker Dzeko in part-exchange for the prolific Uruguayan.

However, while new Napoli boss Rafael Benitez is believed to have given his blessing to the pursuit of Dzeko, the Italian club are keen to hold out for a greater cash sum that is closer to bridging Cavani’s £53m release clause

SO.... an extra couple of £m will win us the title... get it done amigo's....

Agreed if we that bellend Marwood wouldn't have tried pulling a fast one last season and renegotiating a done deal Hazard would have been our and Van Persie too.

jake28 said:
pavelsrnicek said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
A decent take, although I would support it more if that equation also included Thiago.

Thiago has the attacking talents to score 20 plus goals a season.

Him and Isco are the stars of tomorrow and both have major resale value.

£18m for Thiago and even the addition of another £30m striker from elsewhere still leaves a lower spend than Cavani.

Much as I would love Cavani and all three.

I disagree with the notion that Isco and Thiago should be prioritised over Cavani simply because Cavani guarantees goals. We lost the title last season because united were generally ruthless and even in games they didn't perform they scored. We were the exact opposite profligate and dropped points in certain games that we played ok in. None of our strikers scored more than 14 league goals. We need a world class forward more than anything. If Chelsea get Cavani it will be a double blow to us next season, they will get a player they badly need and we will be left with a gap on our squad again

Exactly,Cavani should be our number one priority now. If we miss out on him I honestly think we will come up short again next season.

Yeah that doesn't look unlikely. Two of our strikers have proved be completely unreliable and the other is possibly injury prone.

Apologies for letting you down at the end there Tolmie!

I wouldn't really know who to consider as a younger alternative. Benteke would be a risk of course. I am usually very much against one season wonders as well!

There aren't many strikers out there who have consistently scored season after season so if we fail on Cavani, it would be more important to take the pressure off our current crop by adding goals from midfield. The top goalscorers across Europe consistently are Suarez, RVP, Falcao, Cavani, Messi and Ronaldo. Barcelona and Spain have both played teams without a central striker in order to provide more movement and less restriction in their play but I am not sure whether that is the way forward.

The most reliable ITK who first disclosed Fernandinho to City rumour and Benitez to Napoli reports :

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/napoli-ce-lidea-matuidi-per-cavani-solo-soldi-e-mirino-su-dzeko/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciom ... -su-dzeko/</a>

In Paris he had gone Ezequiel Lavezzi a year ago, coming from Paris the latest idea for the midfield of Naples. Blaise Matuidi really like and is followed by time, may be a case for ds real Bigon. Matuidi has been taken in the prosecution by Mino Raiola, a sign that wants to leave. While the Naples keeps warm even the front Edinson Cavani. Unlikely to be accepted counterpart Fernando Torres from Chelsea,
de Laurentiis prefer just the money part of the clause which should be invested in the first goal for the attack, Edin Dzeko.

tolm

do u have any news regarding cavani, isco, and thiago? dont worry u can pm me if you prefer as you know what some folk can be like on here! ;-)

Mike D said:
Agreed if we that bellend Marwood wouldn't have tried pulling a fast one last season and renegotiating a done deal Hazard would have been our and Van Persie too.

So many lies in such a short post. Got to be close to a bluemoon record.

sam663 said:
The most reliable ITK who first disclosed Fernandinho to City rumour and Benitez to Napoli reports :

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/napoli-ce-lidea-matuidi-per-cavani-solo-soldi-e-mirino-su-dzeko/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciom ... -su-dzeko/</a>

In Paris he had gone Ezequiel Lavezzi a year ago, coming from Paris the latest idea for the midfield of Naples. Blaise Matuidi really like and is followed by time, may be a case for ds real Bigon. Matuidi has been taken in the prosecution by Mino Raiola, a sign that wants to leave. While the Naples keeps warm even the front Edinson Cavani. Unlikely to be accepted counterpart Fernando Torres from Chelsea,
de Laurentiis prefer just the money part of the clause which should be invested in the first goal for the attack, Edin Dzeko.
What the fuck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.