Cavani Speculation/News (page 151 onwards)

NQCitizen said:
Ray78 said:
NQCitizen said:
... and realistically he was doing pretty well till Messi got upset and Pep put him in the centre.

The more recent comparison point is RVP.

Still was sold at a loss. Flap away by all means, but Cavani might not be the answer we are looking for and Chelsea will have a bigger problem than we had when trying to offload Adebayor.

But if they win the league will they be all that bothered?

Seriously though what is flapping? Is it just anything that isn't blind optimism towards city?

When he was nailed on - flapping if you doubted it.

Now he looks unlikely - flapping if you are concerned.

I still will not have Chelsea as favourites if they sign Cavani alone.

Ray78 said:
NQCitizen said:
Ray78 said:
Still was sold at a loss. Flap away by all means, but Cavani might not be the answer we are looking for and Chelsea will have a bigger problem than we had when trying to offload Adebayor.

Seriously though what is flapping? Is it just anything that isn't blind optimism towards city?

I still will not have Chelsea as favourite if they sign Cavani alone.

agreed they should be spending money on CDMs and CBs.

Ray78 said:
NQCitizen said:
Ray78 said:

A good CB from being outright favourite I'd say. Especially if Luiz is in DM. They'll have the best forward and the best manager. The one thing that gives up hope is the poisonous dressing room politics of it all.

Whilst Aguero didn't have the most clinical of seasons, I'd give him another chance leading the line, as others suggest. He's an amazing player, and with the attackers behind him it could be lethal next season.

Like others have said, I'd rather have Isco and Thiago and miss out on Cavani.

SamCity123 said:
Whilst Aguero didn't have the most clinical of seasons, I'd give him another chance leading the line, as others suggest. He's an amazing player, and with the attackers behind him it could be lethal next season.

Aguero is a better player than Cavani IMO. He had an injury ravaged season last season and was playing in a team which overall was nowhere near playing at it's peak.

My worry would have been far greater if we were going out signing forwards and neglecting mid/att mid positions.

Chase him, sign him and throw him back.

It's the fun of the chase that matters.

NQCitizen said:
Ray78 said:
NQCitizen said:

A good CB from being outright favourite I'd say. Especially if Luiz is in DM. They'll have the best forward and the best manager. The one thing that gives up hope is the poisonous dressing room politics of it all.

An added bonus is that they still have Torres on their books who will want to go to the World Cup and will demand playing time.

BillyShears said:
SamCity123 said:

Aguero is a better player than Cavani IMO. He had an injury ravaged season last season and was playing in a team which overall was nowhere near playing at it's peak.

My worry would have been far greater if we were going out signing forwards and neglecting mid/att mid positions.

which we would be doing had we not changed the manager (or, rather, asserted the front office's primary role in transfers, which the previous manager never would have agreed to)

Ray78 said:
NQCitizen said:
Ray78 said:

An added bonus is that they still have Torres on their books who will want to go to the World Cup and will demand playing time.

If they shift Torres and Terry and Lampard are kept happy they're a massive threat for sure. Still hoping it's Rooney and Hulk for them and we just pay the Cavani clause. I think we'd be favourites by a distance then.

Ray78 said:
NQCitizen said:
Ray78 said:

maybe we should put a bid of 15/20 million in for Torres. Think he is over his problems and back to his best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.