Cavani Speculation/News (page 151 onwards)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Marvin said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Nothing of substance pal, unfortunately.

I posted last summer that Marwood registered a real interest when he was over in Barcelona meeting Silva's agents over his new deal.

If the kid is truly available, I am sure we could have no better people in charge to make it a reality.

I just think there are limited options following the purchase of Fernandinho and the deal for Isco.

Both Nasri and Barry would surely have to exit to convince Thiago of genuine playing time.

Fuck Cavani, get this kid in, play him off Aguero.

Use the money saved to bring in Lewandowski, Benzema, Jackson Martinez, Bale, Ronaldo, Higuain, Suarez, the quality is out there.
Not been mad keen on the Cavani link as I want to see Aguero as the main man. If Cavani were to join, Aguero would have to play a supporting role.

The problem that needs resolving is how to get the most out of our forwards, because Dzeko and Aguero have rarely functioned together.

I actually think Dzeko and Aguero have a decent rapport and certainly respect each other, more than our other existing combinations.

Aguero is a superstar and nobody puts this boy in the corner.

With a World Cup coming up, watch him tear the league to shreds.

He doesn't need a superstar support act.

I don't have the quote to hand, but Pellegrini is on record questioning the wisdom of a Real Madrid.

He talks about an orchestra, rather than 11 lead guitars.

For £50m plus on Cavani, we go out and make a proper fucking statement with an extra £20m.

Ronaldo or Bale.

seriously i don't know undertand football fans, you told you that Ronaldo or Bale would want to come to city (unless paying 20m/year or something) sometimes you get the players who also are intrested to play for your club

momo88 said:
seriously i don't know undertand football fans, you told you that Ronaldo or Bale would want to come to city (unless paying 20m/year or something) sometimes you get the players who also are intrested to play for your club

Whatever it was you think you said, you didn't.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
adrianr said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Both of these players will leave their respective clubs when somebody comes knocking with £70m.

And both are worth every penny.

Here's a scenario, let's give Madrid the money they need for Bale.

Do you really think Ronaldo would move here? (Genuine question, not being a clever dick).

I think it will be Paris or Manchester if Madrid don't bite the bullet and pay him what he wants.

Having lost out on Neymar, Madrid are caught between a rock and a hard place.

With two years left, despite what Perez says, they are now in a rush.

Sure United would go to £50m but not much more.

Here's a curve ball. Ronaldo dreams of living in America one day...

How about in a few years time he fancies a stop in New York.

Anything is possible when pockets are deep enough and dreams are big enough.

But of course Madrid WILL bite the bullet and pay their goal a game player the

money he wants.

Note what pellegrini said about orchestras and guitars.

This wouldn't be the end of the world if it didn't happen.

LoveCity said:
I'm sure Ronaldo could find a club in the MLS without City's help... hardly an incentive for him to join us to be honest.

True...but if Ronaldo goes to the states he almost certainly would go to either LA or NY.

Dribble said:
Let's look at it all for what it is. City, Real & the Chavs have been the 3 teams consistently mentioned in regards to Cavani.

Reports begin to circulate that Real have gone cold on the deal & the Chavs are putting everything into getting Falcao who was apparently nailed on, deal done & dusted leaving City as the only serious competitor in the race.

City refuse to trigger Cavani's £54m buy-out clause & are trying to negotiate a realistic deal that suits us. Laurentis is now seriously pissed that City are playing hardball by refusing point blank to take their y-fronts down & get bummed without lubricant by the Italian nutter.

Statement gets released: Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis said last night: 'There is interest from Chelsea in Cavani, they'll call me in the next few hours. I'll be delighted if he stays, but if he leaves then he will be adequately replaced.'

There's no other source apart from Laurentis. After the Hazard & RVP debacles last year anything is possible, but for me this sounds like brinksmanship at best or at worse its Laurentis trying to stoke up an auction 'they'll call me in the next few hours' (he hopes)! Cavani is a brilliant striker, but he's not the be all & end all.

What a load a crap - de Laurentis is trying to make us pay more by trying to incite other clubs are talking to him.

The phrase that 'they will call me in the next few hours', is laughable. if they were really interested then contact would have been established some time back.

he is looking for more money

*Tin hat on* --- done

I really really do not see this happening...

He will only go to rags. I am sure he is even quoted in media as saying he will only return there if he goes back to rags.

HOWEVER... the only way this is even remotely (1%) possible, is if CR7 is influenced by the fact whisky nose is no longer manager.

*ducks for cover*<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:36 pm --<br /><br />
Smithy34 said:
Dribble said:
Let's look at it all for what it is. City, Real & the Chavs have been the 3 teams consistently mentioned in regards to Cavani.

Reports begin to circulate that Real have gone cold on the deal & the Chavs are putting everything into getting Falcao who was apparently nailed on, deal done & dusted leaving City as the only serious competitor in the race.

City refuse to trigger Cavani's £54m buy-out clause & are trying to negotiate a realistic deal that suits us. Laurentis is now seriously pissed that City are playing hardball by refusing point blank to take their y-fronts down & get bummed without lubricant by the Italian nutter.

Statement gets released: Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis said last night: 'There is interest from Chelsea in Cavani, they'll call me in the next few hours. I'll be delighted if he stays, but if he leaves then he will be adequately replaced.'

There's no other source apart from Laurentis. After the Hazard & RVP debacles last year anything is possible, but for me this sounds like brinksmanship at best or at worse its Laurentis trying to stoke up an auction 'they'll call me in the next few hours' (he hopes)! Cavani is a brilliant striker, but he's not the be all & end all.

What a load a crap - de Laurentis is trying to make us pay more by trying to incite other clubs are talking to him.

The phrase that 'they will call me in the next few hours', is laughable. if they were really interested then contact would have been established some time back.

he is looking for more money

I agree, if this is true then ADL has forced City into a "checkmate" position whereby we either drop out or pay the release clause because Chelsea (if true) have not activated the release clause they have got extremely close to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.