Cavani Speculation/News (page 151 onwards)

Syth said:
Did someone really say that Welbeck and that little Mexican piss are better than Dzeko? I just have to be sure someone really did say it as it is just utterly ridiculous.

Simon23, he's got previous!

Sky Blue said:
Syth said:
Did someone really say that Welbeck and that little Mexican piss are better than Dzeko? I just have to be sure someone really did say it as it is just utterly ridiculous.

he aint a rag (but he does moan quite a bit)

BringBackSwales said:
Sky Blue said:
Syth said:

he aint a rag (but he does moan quite a bit)

I know he's a blue...proper drama queen though!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MLp7YNTznE[/youtube]

Apologies to TH.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Cobwebcat said:
Would anyone have been unhappy if we had just paid the buyout clause for this guy two weeks ago and then concentrated on any further additions?

There are about 4 players per window that could significantly improve a team like we already have and are realistically available. One has already gone to bloody Monaco.

Once you go a level down its a gamble. I'm sure Garcia would do fine outside the top 7 teams in the Premiership and perhaps Maicon too but it's a waste of money for us. This guy is a sure thing, if we miss out to Chelsea again it's our own fault. If we get Cavani for significantly less than the buyout then Ill admit I underestimated Cheeky Chops.

This. Cavani is THE essential purchase of the summer for me. Letting Mourinho whisk him away would be a disaster - RVP all over again
Agreed. Think Chelsea are close to getting him now.
Slap the money on the table ffs.

Marvin said:
mancity61 said:
We've blown the same money that would buy Cavani on an ageing Brazilian who has played 8 years in Germany and Spain - oh sorry I stand corrected - The Ukraine - that hot bed of footballing quality, and a one club player from Malaga who'll be no better than Adam Johnson. Unbelievable, we'll finish 4th
Fernandinho is one of the top midfielders in Europe.

Willian went from Shakhtar to Anzi last season.

Shakhtar still have Douglas Costa and Taison on their books. They are a hot bed of footballing quality as proven by their performance in the Champions League

I'm sorry whilst he is a good player to call him one of the top midfielders in Europe is a bit Ott jut because he's signed for us

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
BillyShears said:
[i find that incredibly disturbing mate ... even if I understand why you posted it!]

It's the week you've had billy - put the rifle down (O:

Haha. You've got no idea.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Cobwebcat said:
Would anyone have been unhappy if we had just paid the buyout clause for this guy two weeks ago and then concentrated on any further additions?

There are about 4 players per window that could significantly improve a team like we already have and are realistically available. One has already gone to bloody Monaco.

Once you go a level down its a gamble. I'm sure Garcia would do fine outside the top 7 teams in the Premiership and perhaps Maicon too but it's a waste of money for us. This guy is a sure thing, if we miss out to Chelsea again it's our own fault. If we get Cavani for significantly less than the buyout then Ill admit I underestimated Cheeky Chops.

This. Cavani is THE essential purchase of the summer for me. Letting Mourinho whisk him away would be a disaster - RVP all over again

I don't think it is a guaranteed disaster: it all depends on what we do to compensate but I have wanted us to buy Cavani for two years now and he is my number one target for this window so I would be most unhappy to see him go to the Chavs. If Pellegrini comes in and predominatly uses 4-2-2-2, I see Cavani and Kun as an ideal pairing for the front two.

I do think the asking price is high but the money is not my problem. However, If we go to the release clause money, there is no guarantee that Chelsea won't match it and that he will not see them as a more attractive proposition.

On the whole London v Manchester debate, I'm Manc born and bred but I know London pretty well, having lived there at one point and having spent last 22 years living within 50 miles, and there is no denying that it is a fantastic city, on of the world's great cities. Culturally etc it offers way more than Manchester. However it not a place that I would want to live and nor is Surrey; I'm not a rich foreign football player with bags of spare time and money.

Manchester though is developing - once again - into one of the world's premier footballing cities.

Benarbia said:
Marvin said:
mancity61 said:
We've blown the same money that would buy Cavani on an ageing Brazilian who has played 8 years in Germany and Spain - oh sorry I stand corrected - The Ukraine - that hot bed of footballing quality, and a one club player from Malaga who'll be no better than Adam Johnson. Unbelievable, we'll finish 4th
Fernandinho is one of the top midfielders in Europe.

Willian went from Shakhtar to Anzi last season.

Shakhtar still have Douglas Costa and Taison on their books. They are a hot bed of footballing quality as proven by their performance in the Champions League

I'm sorry whilst he is a good player to call him one of the top midfielders in Europe is a bit Ott jut because he's signed for us

I recon he's one of the top midfielders in Europe & so do plenty of people in the media who watch European football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.