Cavani Speculation/News (part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several factors come into play when deciding what to pay for a player. Marketability is also key. 50 million for Naymar is a steal. He is a world mega star and shirt sales in Brazil alone will cover his fee. Cavani is nowhere near that profile but is still highly marketable. If we need him and he is available then his fee does not matter within reason.

ian herbert ‏@ianherbs 2h
Mario Gomez is #mcfc target to replace Tevez. Alvaro Negredo, Pablo Osvaldo and Oscar Cardozo are contenders too

whyalwaysyou said:
Mario Gomez is #mcfc target to replace Tevez. Alvaro Negredo, Pablo Osvaldo and Oscar Cardozo are contenders too

Nothing like hedging your bets, is there!

whyalwaysyou said:

Cardozo ffs! Another one from a 2 team league! Having seen Navas' performances at the Con cup I'm convinced that if he stays Dzeko will score a bag full!

Ribs said:
In his defence on the Confederations Cup, the service was pretty poor and even in the Prem, strikers dont have a great time playing up front with Suarez.

Uraguay weren't good on the ball so he didnt exactly have a lot of opportunity.

In saying that though, still only worth 30 Mill.

Sturridge and Suaraz link up well. Poetry in motion.

Hart of the matter said:
Several factors come into play when deciding what to pay for a player. Marketability is also key. 50 million for Naymar is a steal. He is a world mega star and shirt sales in Brazil alone will cover his fee. Cavani is nowhere near that profile but is still highly marketable. If we need him and he is available then his fee does not matter within reason.

Are you high?

MSP said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
dillbi95 said:
Does anybody actually think hes worth the £53M buyout clause?
because i certainly dont.

On the CCup showing I wouldn't pay half of it!

Confederations Cup showing shouldn't be something to judge him, it's hard to play with all this drama going around him and his transfer.

But problem is he never played particularly better for Uruguay. He's pretty average as soon as he moves from his Napoli comfort zone and style, something he certainly won't get in City or Chelsea. He might be good for Madrid or Rags though, they play style of football that fits him.

I haven't seen United play under Moyes, nor City under Pellegrini. What's better about United's style for Cavani? Also, what are the powerball numbers going to be next month? Can I borrow your time machine to take a peek?

Rammyblues said:
BB that nagging feeling gives my heart cause for concern, do you really want another Isco type thread? :-) (Mind you this is already on its way to being one although if it happens not sure if I could stand another round of Dzeko/Cavani posts)

Lol too true pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.