Cavani Speculation/News (part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Blue Knight said:
soulmatic said:
http://officialsillyseason.wordpress.com/2013/06/28/cavani-a-blue/

sort of an update, but not doing us any favors.

Your blog is shit mate.

In the same interview, he confirms that they will not let him go for less than 550 million

Christ no wonder they didn't accept our first bid !!

soulmatic said:

Can you stop spamming these forums with links to your shit Blog by any chance?

auij19 said:
don't know whether this is old news rehashed but Napoli president saying we are the only one to make a formal approach for cavani but fell short on value. maybe once hes argued his release clause like fernandinho we might be able to get the ball rolling. certainly cant go into the season with just 2 proven strikers.

Something similar on SSN text for the last day or two. It sounds like he's holding out for someone to offer the full amount of the release clause but Cavani wants the option to move. De Laurentiis is insistent that there's no need for talks probably because Cavani will insist that the club listen to offers. Bit of a Mexican stand off between president and player and I don't think Cavani's recent international performances have helped De Laurentiis' negotiating powers.

soulmatic said:

550million? are you still operating in Lira?<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:02 pm --<br /><br />
jknight said:
auij19 said:
don't know whether this is old news rehashed but Napoli president saying we are the only one to make a formal approach for cavani but fell short on value. maybe once hes argued his release clause like fernandinho we might be able to get the ball rolling. certainly cant go into the season with just 2 proven strikers.

Something similar on SSN text for the last day or two. It sounds like he's holding out for someone to offer the full amount of the release clause but Cavani wants the option to move. De Laurentiis is insistent that there's no need for talks probably because Cavani will insist that the club listen to offers. Bit of a Mexican stand off between president and player and I don't think Cavani's recent international performances have helped De Laurentiis' negotiating powers.

If we can get him for 40m i'd be happy enough, I've said all along he will win the league with whoever he signs for

auij19 said:
If we can get him for 40m i'd be happy enough, I've said all along he will win the league with whoever he signs for

I agree - I don't think he's worth any more than 40m but if he went to any other PL team he will seriously strengthen them.

Does anyone know when the offer made? If its before the press conference when he said we can't afford it than its been a weeks. Or just recently? assumed we just back on race.

Is it true that Cavani's release clause expires June 30th/July 1st, I remember that was being circulated around here. If it's true that City were the only bid, and wasn't it also reported that we had agreed to personal terms with Cavani, then wouldn't we still be in the running?

ADL going on his rant about City was possible brinksmanship?

SkyBlueUSA said:
Is it true that Cavani's release clause expires June 30th/July 1st, I remember that was being circulated around here. If it's true that City were the only bid, and wasn't it also reported that we had agreed to personal terms with Cavani, then wouldn't we still be in the running?

ADL going on his rant about City was possible brinksmanship?

expires on August if i'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.