Cavani.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tevez has to go, we can not trust him.

I don't know how Mancini trusted him in the last 6 games !!!!!!

Man City Offered Hope in Edinson Cavani Chase
by The Newshound July 3rd, 2012

Uruguayan seemingly open to Etihad Stadium switch.
MANCHESTER CITY have been boosted in their pursuit of Napoli hit-man Edinson Cavani.
Last week the Italian side’s sporting director Riccardo Bigon stated that the Uruguay star is not for sale.
But Cavani himself has hinted that the club would be more open to a transfer than they are letting on.
The 25-year-old believes that Napoli’s tough stance could merely be a plot to earn as much as they can from their prize asset.
“This is football, I think the [Napoli] president [Aurelio De Laurentiis] is a little… likes to play with the numbers,” he is reported to have told Uruguayan website Subraydo.
“I think that regardless of whether an offer will come in or not, the chance to sit down and talk will come and he will do that calmly.
“He will use his head, he is a very good businessman and it will all be worked out.”
SOURCE: Daily Star
Quite why Man City need attacking reinforcements is beyond me but these comments from Uruguayan international Edinson Cavani do not exactly close the door on a move away from Napoli and that may well alert Roberto Mancini into action. The Etihad Stadium side clearly have the money to land the 25 year old and a bid may now be in the offing.
The Naples side lost Ezequiel Lavezzi to PSG in a £20.8m deal yesterday and perhaps this has left Cavani feeling that his Serie A side may not be able to match his ambitions.
Napoli did not qualify for the Champions League for the coming season and that may well play havoc with the club’s hopes of keeping their star performers this summer.
If Mancini is to bring in another forward then perhaps moves are afoot to sell either Carlos Tevez or Edin Dzeko? It would be unlikely that the Italian would consider for one second selling Sergio Aguero or Mario Balotelli this summer.

VOOMER said:
de niro said:
ChicagoBlue said:
Cavani is one of the ONLY FORWARD in the world that I think is worth displacing the 4 we already have, and would gladly allow Tevez or Dzeko to leave if he came. In fact, if we could get a top quality left midfielder/winger too, I would agree to letting them BOTH leave!

However, Mario and Sergio MUST STAY! They BOTH had the speed and clinical finishing required for success in today's Prem, and the last goal of the season is PROOF they can play together! One is a poacher, the other a shooter/target man, and I think they COULD be the best partnership in the world. Throw Cavani in that mix and we may be able to break records with the right service from a world class midfield!

pretty bang on. i want cavani but only at the expense of carlos. edin offeres something different and we should keep him. i wish carlos well and i rate him as high as anyone, we just can't risk any repeat of last season.

ps. cavani would be awesome.

All I would say on Tevez, is that his agent has gone very, very quiet.

The lull before the storm ??

johnny crossan said:

MANCHESTER CITY have been boosted in their pursuit of Napoli hit-man Edinson Cavani.
Last week the Italian side’s sporting director Riccardo Bigon stated that the Uruguay star is not for sale.
But Cavani himself has hinted that the club would be more open to a transfer than they are letting on.
The 25-year-old believes that Napoli’s tough stance could merely be a plot to earn as much as they can from their prize asset.
“This is football, I think the [Napoli] president [Aurelio De Laurentiis] is a little… likes to play with the numbers,” he is reported to have told Uruguayan website Subraydo.
“I think that regardless of whether an offer will come in or not, the chance to sit down and talk will come and he will do that calmly.
“He will use his head, he is a very good businessman and it will all be worked out.”
Quite why Man City need attacking reinforcements is beyond me but these comments from Uruguayan international Edinson Cavani do not exactly close the door on a move away from Napoli and that may well alert Roberto Mancini into action. The Etihad Stadium side clearly have the money to land the 25 year old and a bid may now be in the offing.
The Naples side lost Ezequiel Lavezzi to PSG in a £20.8m deal yesterday and perhaps this has left Cavani feeling that his Serie A side may not be able to match his ambitions.
Napoli did not qualify for the Champions League for the coming season and that may well play havoc with the club’s hopes of keeping their star performers this summer.
If Mancini is to bring in another forward then perhaps moves are afoot to sell either Carlos Tevez or Edin Dzeko? It would be unlikely that the Italian would consider for one second selling Sergio Aguero or Mario Balotelli this summer.

I have a gut feeling Dzeko and Tevez will both go. Dzeko becuase Cavani is better and Tevez because of the mistrust and for the fact we will get little or fuck all for him if he runs his contract down.

Dzeko was good early on and scored important goals but in CL he was anonymous whereas Cavani scored. Mancini by all acounts wants Cavani and has done for years, I believe he is the player he wants most.

Can't see thsi being an easy deal. De Laurentis will ivite every club to the bid and Chelsea will do their utmost to bring him in. They are the club i fear being gazumped by.

oakiecokie said:
VOOMER said:
de niro said:
pretty bang on. i want cavani but only at the expense of carlos. edin offeres something different and we should keep him. i wish carlos well and i rate him as high as anyone, we just can't risk any repeat of last season.

ps. cavani would be awesome.

Possibly, or that Joorabchian might have some major problems. I mean this is the man that Interpol had in their sights and at one time had an international warrant for his arrest issued by the Brazilian government for money laundering. He has unfinished issues with Berezovsky and there is the small matter of him being an unlicensed agent. I think the walls are closing in.

VOOMER said:
oakiecokie said:
VOOMER said:

Possibly, or that Joorabchian might have some major problems. I mean this is the man that Interpol had in their sights and at one time had an international warrant for his arrest issued by the Brazilian government for money laundering. He has unfinished issues with Berezovsky and there is the small matter of him being an unlicensed agent. I think the walls are closing in.

And I sincerely hope that its Karma time, with Garry Cook looking on with baited breath.

It looks like PSG might have gotten Lavezzi for slightly under his buy-out clause and they are rich like us, so I wonder if we could get Cavani for £30million range. A lot more expensive than RvP but his wages would surely be lower and he'd offer more longevity. But I just think RvP looks too nailed on at this point for us to go for Cavani (or anyone else up front).

johnny crossan said:

Cavani tells Man City: 'My future is at Napoli'

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120703/cavani-tells-man-city-my-future-napoli-175769" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... oli-175769</a>?

Nijinsky 88 said:
johnny crossan said:

Cavani tells Man City: 'My future is at Napoli'

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120703/cavani-tells-man-city-my-future-napoli-175769" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... oli-175769</a>?

Talkshite, says it all really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.