Cavani.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mancblue said:
£35m and a £140k a week 5 year contract should do it.. I wish

Looks to me like those days are over or at very least they will be fewer and far between.

Looks like we are shit scared of the FFFP rules because there is no other explanation for the lack of transfer activity other than we are doing business late in the transfer wondow deliberately.

Its clear we need to invest not massively maybe three players centre half, midfield player and a forward

Still could be worse we could be Everton fans and have this shit to deal with every summer

dctid said:
mancblue said:
£35m and a £140k a week 5 year contract should do it.. I wish

Looks to me like those days are over or at very least they will be fewer and far between.

Looks like we are shit scared of the FFFP rules because there is no other explanation for the lack of transfer activity other than we are doing business late in the transfer wondow deliberately.

Its clear we need to invest not massively maybe three players centre half, midfield player and a forward

Still could be worse we could be Everton fans and have this shit to deal with every summer

I think selling deadwood is our objective first.

pmsl @ last line.

johnny crossan said:
Man City Offered Hope in Edinson Cavani Chase
by The Newshound July 3rd, 2012

Uruguayan seemingly open to Etihad Stadium switch.
MANCHESTER CITY have been boosted in their pursuit of Napoli hit-man Edinson Cavani.
Last week the Italian side’s sporting director Riccardo Bigon stated that the Uruguay star is not for sale.
But Cavani himself has hinted that the club would be more open to a transfer than they are letting on.
The 25-year-old believes that Napoli’s tough stance could merely be a plot to earn as much as they can from their prize asset.
“This is football, I think the [Napoli] president [Aurelio De Laurentiis] is a little… likes to play with the numbers,” he is reported to have told Uruguayan website Subraydo.
“I think that regardless of whether an offer will come in or not, the chance to sit down and talk will come and he will do that calmly.
“He will use his head, he is a very good businessman and it will all be worked out.”
SOURCE: Daily Star
Quite why Man City need attacking reinforcements is beyond me but these comments from Uruguayan international Edinson Cavani do not exactly close the door on a move away from Napoli and that may well alert Roberto Mancini into action. The Etihad Stadium side clearly have the money to land the 25 year old and a bid may now be in the offing.
The Naples side lost Ezequiel Lavezzi to PSG in a £20.8m deal yesterday and perhaps this has left Cavani feeling that his Serie A side may not be able to match his ambitions.
Napoli did not qualify for the Champions League for the coming season and that may well play havoc with the club’s hopes of keeping their star performers this summer.
If Mancini is to bring in another forward then perhaps moves are afoot to sell either Carlos Tevez or Edin Dzeko? It would be unlikely that the Italian would consider for one second selling Sergio Aguero or Mario Balotelli this summer.

What a bitter ****.Not you Johnny.

some italian sports journo on talkshite this afternoon said that cavani is unlikely to be going anywhere this summer especially as levezzi has gone to psg. he reckons napoli are expected to give him a 2 or 3 year contract extension in order to maximise his transfer value and cash in on him next summer.

Very harsh words from Napoli president De Laurentiis on Cavani:"If he'll break balls about salary,I will leave him get rot on the bench" (@tancredipalmeri)

Matt Diablo said:
Coljj said:
Very harsh words from Napoli president De Laurentiis on Cavani:"If he'll break balls about salary,I will leave him get rot on the bench" (@tancredipalmeri)

Mmm I reckon it could be on. . .

It is on but with Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.