Celtic (A) - Pre-Match Thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just need to google the actual news articles, interviews etc to find those quotes are genuine (Messi/Celtic Park, pop it into google for a whole heap of articles) ;)
Sorry, you automatically read quotations as being contrived bollocks when your neighbours to the rags.

Celtic are a very poor side. They wouldn't even make it out of the championship if they were competing in the English leagues. Ok, they can thrash complete nonentities like Kilmarnock, Motherwell and a kneecapped Rangers but the last time they were in the CL, they lost either 5 or 6 games out of 6. Look at the struggle they had in the qualifiers against no hopers no-one had previously heard of lol.......
I'm fully expecting Kun and KDB to run riot up there.

Celtic are a very poor side. They wouldn't even make it out of the championship if they were competing in the English leagues. Ok, they can thrash complete nonentities like Kilmarnock, Motherwell and a kneecapped Rangers but the last time they were in the CL, they lost either 5 or 6 games out of 6. Look at the struggle they had in the qualifiers against no hopers no-one had previously heard of lol.......
I'm fully expecting Kun and KDB to run riot up there.
Kev won't be running anywhere for a month or so

Are you trying to say they didn't?

True,

Celtic 2 Barcelona 1 - 2012
Celtic 0 Barcelona 1 - 2013

I got the two years mixed up.

With regards to the whole championship team 'dig', only their budgets. Swansea are a small Welsh club and are a Premiership team, Bournemouth, Stoke, Burnley, Hull, Watford etc are all in the Premiership and in most Scottish supporters eyes are not big clubs. There are at least 10 teams in the current Premiership that if Celtic ever met them in say the Europa group stages I'm confident that they would pull through and beat them.

Doesn't really matter, it's only an opinion as is yours that Celtic are a championship type club.

Bluebrother, what is your opinion based upon? Celtic playing Kilmarnock is like Man City playing Bournemouth, there are at least 10 clubs in the Premiership that are 'championship' teams in my eyes. Why is a small Welsh club a Premiership club but yet a huge Scottish club is not? Budget? Fanbase? History? Stadium?

No wonder English football fans are hated worldwide, attitudes such as these shows arrogance at its best.

Celtic had the group of death in 2013..

Barcelona
AC Milan
Ajax
Celtic

Due to the seedings, Celtic always get a 'group of death'. Man City would have been lucky to get out of that group there never mind Celtic.

Have Manchester City won the European Cup/CL? With your budgets, why not? Celtic have that trophy in their cabinet tho ;)

I'm sure most of you are great guys and all the best for Wednesday, if you like taking a punt at the bookies, take my tip and chuck a tenner on Celtic both teams to score, long shot at 14-1 but worth a punt. Celtic can beat anyone at home.

Celtic 3, Man City 2.

Last edited:
Not basing my opinion on anything, I fully expect Manchester City to win as do the bookies at 8/1. Celtic's starting 11 are probably paid less than what Aguero earns alone, but don't confuse £££ as a sign of footballing success, it's nothing more than arrogance.

Celtic may have the budget of a Championship side, but in my opinion, they would wipe the floor with half the teams in the Premiership (Stoke, Bournemouth, West Ham, Sunderland etc would not be going to Celtic Park and taking heaps of points)

Your attitude is that of arrogance and the kind of attitude that riles Scottish and other International fans. Ask yourself, what were Manchester City and Chelsea doing before they huge cash injections? Big clubs?

I wont argue with you, City should pick up the 3 points easily on paper, but then Messi and co should have too the last time they played at Celtic Park ;)

Do not be arrogant because you can afford to pay £200k+pw in wages, it's a stinking attitude that riles true footballing fans.

We shall see on Wednesday, enjoy the game :)

I didnt mention Cash whatsoever
Your budget is absolutely miles ahead of anyone in Scotland, and you're happy to accept your dominance in that and brush off the challenge of any side who dares take you on (mainly by buying their best players in january if they offer a threat)
So dont even dare give me that pathetic 'poor little celtic' crap about your budget
It works both ways mate

Not arrogant in any way, and if you read any of my posts in the past (Not that I expect you to in anyway as you're a celtic fan and probably only on here for the thoughts on this game etc) youd see thats not how I look at football

But yeah, I never mentioned cash or budget whatsoever, its a fact that thats clearly the reason we have such a stronger squad but as I mentioned; its emphasised by yourself truly in your own league
The fact you mentioned money 4 times in your short message to me is more alarming than me passing my judgement/opinion on how wednesdays game goes
I am confident because I have watched our games thus far and Im more than pleased with our progress and style, not just that, I dont think Rodgers can settle for a point and sit back
I also watched you against Lincoln (early days so Ok..) but also against Hapoel away and Hearts too. I just think its the weakest celtic side in years and looking at some of your forums, so do you lot

Either way I will be there Wednesday and hope its a good game, enjoy the way we play as you maybe couldnt against Barca (as it wont be 7 this time)

If Rodgers wouldn't park a bus, should be 3 points. Also quick goal won't heart. With Barca they had high defence line with lot of space behind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.