Celtic (A) - Pre-Match Thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've come a long way in Europe last couple of seasons. We finally seem to have shaken some of the fear factor so I'm hoping their "atmosphere" won't have an effect on us given we've experienced similar atmospheres in other countries.

In terms of the opposition I don't believe Rodgers knows how to play pragmatically - we'll see. That said I do remember watching them turn Barca over a few years ago so we can take nothing for granted. Barca battered them that night and had circa 70% of the possession and still lost the match! Loud crowds inspire players and no matter how good they are or we are on the night, I expect them to turn up and cause us some problems. If a struggling Swansea can, I see no reason why Celtic can't. They will look to chase us and hit us on the counter. Players like Roberts and Sinclair are quick and have the ability to expose us if we're not careful.

Overall, if we play to our potential though I can't see anything other than a City win. Hope KDB is OK after Saturday but perhaps he will sit this one out:

City - Bravo, Zaba, Stones, Otamendi,Clichy, Ferna, Gundogan, Silva, Nolito, Sterling, Aguero

Some of the arrogant shite written on here beggars belief. "They're a championship team, at best, 0-4 written all over it, we will annihilate them."
It's a one-off game of football and all things are possible, especially where Celtic playing an English team are concerned, and the potential for a very difficult game should not be underestimated.
Well said.

Think and hope we will be far too strong for them. 3-0.

Some of the arrogant shite written on here beggars belief. "They're a championship team, at best, 0-4 written all over it, we will annihilate them."
It's a one-off game of football and all things are possible, especially where Celtic playing an English team are concerned, and the potential for a very difficult game should not be underestimated.
Agreed

Celtic look a poor team but at home anything can happen and they will look to feed off the home crowd.

I really don't think anyone writing on BM has mystical powers and an ability to influence the future, but thanks for pointing it out anyway. As for being confident. As I'm sure you know, there are two types of confident. There is the; if we play play well, we create and take chances and there are not many controversial decisions, we've got a very good chance of winning the game. And there is the; they're useless, it'll be a stroll in the park and nothing can go wrong. I just prefer the former to the latter, that's all.
Unfortunately, due to the new breed of fan we have already attracted and continue to attract coupled with those that have been here longer but have short memories, the over confidence will continue. Eventually we will end up with camera crews seeking out Richard Edghill twice a year to predict how many we will stuff United by at each Derby. It depends whether you have the energy to try to educate and keep grounded. I'll never stop supporting City, but you have to accept this element will drag you down somewhat.

Full strength team, go for the throat right from the off, couple of early goals to shut the crowd up and try to get Gundogan/Silva/Sergio off early and rested for Spurs.

Unfortunately, due to the new breed of fan we have already attracted and continue to attract coupled with those that have been here longer but have short memories, the over confidence will continue. Eventually we will end up with camera crews seeking out Richard Edghill twice a year to predict how many we will stuff United by at each Derby. It depends whether you have the energy to try to educate and keep grounded. I'll never stop supporting City, but you have to accept this element will drag you down somewhat.
When did Richard Edgill ever say anything like that? I would always remember him as very modest and understated, as befitted our status of that time

Nico... Dinho... Silky... Merlin..

For fuck sake who are these players :/

If you're genuinely asking then Nicolas Otamendi, Fernandinho, Ilkay (Ill-kee, rhymes with silky) Gundogan and Silva (he's a wizard, like Merlin).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.