Celtic Thread | 2024/25

What is it now; 11 titles in 12 seasons? Yeah; a bunch of useless cunts running that club.

;-)
Have you ever heard of the term Opportunity Cost? It refers to the cost of not investing and the loss of potential growth.

Under Lawell we missed out on 9 out of 13 attempts to qualify for the CL. This was down to us not negating in players we all knew we needed, particularly in defence. Year after year, Nir Bitton would be drafted in as a CB and it was always defensive blunders that undone us. 9x£25m was the Opportunity Cost of that.

If we invest in better then reaching the CL is easier. Winning a few games is also within reach. Lawell always wanted to qualify first before spending, even though on the occasions we did, he never spent and we always remained at the same level.

Being better in Europe by using our resources can give us a return, at home we roll all over Rangers and keep earning.

Tell me this. If City hadn’t invested where would you be? Best team in the world? We both know the answer to that. We can’t spend the billions spent by English teams, but we can invest to improve the standard and give us a fighting chance. If we had a more proactive board, it would be 12 out of 12. Going on to 20 out of 20. This season I bet we have zero net spend again. The money we are due is substantial, for us, we gave sold some players, are awaiting a cheque from Frompong, circa £7m. That alone buys us a CB.

Beating Rangers and winning titles isn’t enough. It never has been to the support. We want to do as well as we possibly can in Europe. 9 out of 13 failed attempts by failing to see we didn’t have enough, playing a midfielder at CB cost us nearly £200m as we were put out mostly by teams who are no great shakes.

It’s about moving up and if we do that for Europe, the league will take care of itself. Am I optimistic our board will deliver? About as much as I would be trying to build a computer. Even if I had all the parts and a step by step manual.

I’d be very careful about loan signings from Wolves!!
He looks a good player. We aren’t buying Wolves, just their LB. And there’s no guarantee we will even get him. It’s all bullshit speculation. Until I see the **** standing with a scarf aloft, looking like a Fanny, will I believe anything.

I thought we played really well. All the changes may alter it, but our near starters have took them on and showed them who’s running the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.