Celtic v City post match

I don't understand the frantic and hysteria of people on here. If anything the game yesterday was further clarification that we're going to walk the league and go as far as we did in the CL last season.

We've played against an incredibly well supported side at a hostile ground. We've shown the bottle and nerve to come from behind three times and should have won the game.

Not every game we play is perfect, and you can't expect to see us win 5-0 every game playing swashbuckling football. Pep is a genius, he'll have a strategy in place to ensure we bypass the press of other sides.
Good post
I said similar to this in the earlier part of the week.Yes their goals were rather fortunate but as you say no game is perfect each is different ,some on here just expect us to steamroller everything in front of us and then create like mard kids when it doesnt happen

Not exactly great preparation for Spurs though mate.

Not just in terms of the halt to our winning run, but more importantly, it showed Spurs exactly what they need to do, and they will do it much better than Celtic.

Had we stuck to our normal playing style, not has such bad luck with their goals, or finished our chances better, we would have won comfortably. Managers would be scratching their heads thinking, "what do we need to do to beat these???? Nothing works".

Now they know what to do.

So Spurs will throw their tactics out of the window and try a style of football they rarely use? Good, it'll leave them exposed, can't see Kun having another stinker!

Good post
I said similar to this in the earlier part of the week.Yes their goals were rather fortunate but as you say no game is perfect each is different ,some on here just expect us to steamroller everything in front of us and then create like mard kids when it doesnt happen

I worry for people on here when we actually lose a game. They'll be suicidal.

Can't really complain. I thought Celtic were excellent. They had so much energy throughout. In hindsight I think Pep should have had Stones and Fernando starting in place of Kolarov and Gundogan. We were getting torn apart in the middle and the extra cover, along side stones' comfort playing from the back would have made it harder for them to press.

Away point in the UCL and no injuries.... Happy days IMO.

Well done Celtic. Proved a lot of us wrong (including myself).

Worried to see diving in, leaving ourselves exposed returned to our game last night, particularly in the first half. Looked like the intense atmosphere had an effect and we instinctively returned to a bad habit from the last few seasons. It happened less in the second half, I am assuming Pep will have had a few harsh words about it and we will learn plenty from last night's mistakes.

Not exactly great preparation for Spurs though mate.

Not just in terms of the halt to our winning run, but more importantly, it showed Spurs exactly what they need to do, and they will do it much better than Celtic.

Had we stuck to our normal playing style, not has such bad luck with their goals, or finished our chances better, we would have won comfortably. Managers would be scratching their heads thinking, "what do we need to do to beat these???? Nothing works".

Now they know what to do.

Perhaps, although Spurs' way of playing is fairly established, and I don't think for one moment that they will try to redesign it in 3 days as getting it wrong would make them look as silly as United did when they changed their shape.

For me it will be a close game at Spurs, in fact we could lose, however if we do we will learn and redevelop and move on. This season promises to be a Chess Match with moments when we look vulnerable as things change. I am however confident that with the chess pieces we have in our team, and the manager we have making the moves, we will ultimately triumph in the Premier League.

Gosh we can be negative. Don't post until you've had a sleep.

In short we allowed Celtic to drag us into a tear up rather than a tactical game. In short, we came through it and learnt more, at very little expense, than we ever would have by winning a dull game 1-0.

I view it as nothing but a long term positive and a damn entertaining watch to boot.

agreed mate, it was way too open and we allowed ourselves to get involved in a scrap, second half there was only one team going to win but we couldn't get the break, no big negatives as you say

Does anyone not actually think that other manager's haven't tried this closing down thing before against Guardiola? It's not rocket science. Celtic couldn't keep it up last night, and the only problem was that we were quite awful in the final third.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.