Celtic v City post match

Gosh we can be negative. Don't post until you've had a sleep.

In short we allowed Celtic to drag us into a tear up rather than a tactical game. In short, we came through it and learnt more, at very little expense, than we ever would have by winning a dull game 1-0.

I view it as nothing but a long term positive and a damn entertaining watch to boot.

Agreed mate.

What a great game and advert for attacking, intensive football. Both sides deserve great credit for it. UEFA should be thanking us rather than punishing us if we are going to showcase their competition so brilliantly.

Like you, I saw it as a great positive because as Pep says we learn the most when we lose (I know we drew but you get my point). This is the first time this season that a team has pressed us hard, and to be fair, without being at our best we coped with it, and had it not been for some uncharacteristily poor passing, comical defending, and some players off the boil slightly, I'm convinced we would have won that game.

That takes no credit away from Celtic - they were manic and deserved something just for the sheer amount of effort they put in - they looked shattered at the end.

Obviously there is no excuse for the poor defending, but I was actually quite proud of the resilience we showed to come back after going behind three times. I doubt if many teams could have done that. And despite us being slightly off, at times our passing and movement was mesmeric.

And reasons for optimism:

- Fernandinho surely can't have a poor a first half as he did last night;
- Gundogan's fitness and contribution can only get better over time;
- we surely won't defend as bad as that many times this season;
- Sterling is a superstar in the making;
- Sergio won't be as quiet as he was last night;
- KDB will be back soon; and
- we have Pep.

And by the way.....unlike some on here, I doubt if Barca will be thinking the two games against City will be gimmes.

Great match, can't win them all. Thought Celtic played well in their cup final (they won't expect to get through this group).

They will finish bottom of the group. Oh, and I called them a Championship side, not a pub side, so if you're going to come on and have a go, at least get your facts right, idiot.
Lol, predicted an easy win, ended up with egg on your face. Was always going to be tough game for us. Bigger clubs than ours have been turned over up there. Are you pro Rangers by any chance?

Was a bit like watching a 1960's cup game, sort of enjoyed it

I don't remember the 60's primarily because I was yet to be conceived, but it was certainly a game I enjoyed watching! Thought Celtic were excellent in comparison to their technical level as a group. We really couldn't live with them in the first half. Our midfield three were bullied by theirs. Their pressing was unbelievable both in terms of it's energy and it's intelligence. They were prepared for us and it showed in the inability of our players to get their normal passing/moving game going in the first 45.

Having said that there was a touch of fortune to their first two goals, and we created some great opportunities over the 90 minutes (particularly in the second half). Was a good lesson for Pep and for the players. Particularly on the back of the way that Swansea also managed to stop us playing for parts of the match last weekend.

An off-day for us, it's gonna happen every so often.

Celtic played out of their skins and shipped 3 goals, we played badly and scored 3 away from home.

When everyones fit we look unbeatable, but make one change to that squad and the difference is huge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.