Celtic v City post match

I don't remember the 60's primarily because I was yet to be conceived, but it was certainly a game I enjoyed watching! Thought Celtic were excellent in comparison to their technical level as a group. We really couldn't live with them in the first half. Our midfield three were bullied by theirs. Their pressing was unbelievable both in terms of it's energy and it's intelligence. They were prepared for us and it showed in the inability of our players to get their normal passing/moving game going in the first 45.

Having said that there was a touch of fortune to their first two goals, and we created some great opportunities over the 90 minutes (particularly in the second half). Was a good lesson for Pep and for the players. Particularly on the back of the way that Swansea also managed to stop us playing for parts of the match last weekend.
Well summarised

An off-day for us, it's gonna happen every so often.

Celtic played out of their skins and shipped 3 goals, we played badly and scored 3 away from home.
And could have scored more. Their goals had a very large element of luck about them. The og was ridiculous bad luck. Conceded goals at psychologically key moments but still had bottle to come back

Does anyone not actually think that other manager's haven't tried this closing down thing before against Guardiola? It's not rocket science. Celtic couldn't keep it up last night, and the only problem was that we were quite awful in the final third.

I know mate. Most German teams play a high pressing, high intensity game, and Pep didn't do too bad there. I don't know the exact stats, but I'm sure Pep won a fair share of his games against Klopp's Dortmund who were the ultimate high intensity team.

To some, drawing a game against a CL team who were well up for it and who played to their max signals the end of the world, forecasting doom and disaster against Spurs. Well we got dicked 4-1 last season there, so can't really get any worse can it!

We will lose games this season, but I can confidently say, whoever beats us will have to work damned hard to do so.

Gutted we didn't get the win last night, kind of think if we did it wouldn't have been a true reflection of the game, their crowd was outstanding.
One thing i think the defense needs to learn from last night was their first goal. the dummy free kick put their players off side and we was to busy getting ready to scream offside to notice the winger still onside making the run to play everyone on side.
One of the more tetchy games i have watched in a while.

I said it last night but it's well worth reiterating that the weather had a huge hand in helping Celtic. The high winds and rain made it much more difficult for us to play out from the back and consequently it was easier for them to press us into making mistakes.

I think the selection was wrong, Stones and Fernando should have been in from the start.

I certainly though don't get all the hysteria on here, anyone who thought playing in front of 60k mad jocks was going to be easy needed their heads testing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.