Celtic v City post match

Lots of comments been made by people who weren't in the stadium. Conditions were hard and influenced our game more than theirs. Celtic pressing us was amazing as were their fans who created a fantastic atmosphere that kept their players going. Credit to them and atmosphere wise we should try and get that at our place when we play Barca.
I think both teams deserved what they got. Main problem besides the weather was both Silva and Gundogan not able to get a grip in midfield and Aguero was too quiet. Can't see a lot of teams able to do what Celtic did and even so we are able to win it. Not so yesterday though.

To be fair when you only have 4 big games a season at home the fans will be up for it! It be like city being in div 1 and playing Barcelona Bayern and the scum once a year the stadium would rock! Bet Celtics next game at home be like damp squid atmosphere whys and the media wont report that.

To be fair when you only have 4 big games a season at home the fans will be up for it! It be like city being in div 1 and playing Barcelona Bayern and the scum once a year the stadium would rock! Bet Celtics next game at home be like damp squid atmosphere whys and the media wont report that.

So ??

Well impressed. Classy club, fantastic fans and possibly the best atmosphere I've ever heard and I've been everywhere. Any Celtic fans here, you're a credit to your club. I may even go back. Great day.

Glad you enjoyed yourself up here mate. Surprised how well the whole day was received from both sets of fans, pundits etc. Fully expected a bit of aggro/drama and pretty dirty game, perhaps that will be the case down at the Etihad. I'm not on here to buy into the whole 'lets be friends' thing my fellow celtic fans seem to love but it was a great occasion last night. I was laughed at on here last week for knocking down people talking about how terribly poor Celtic are and that the atmosphere wont be anything out of the ordinary, glad last night was an eye opener and an experience most will remember for a long long time.

I posted earlier, full marks Celtic spirited performance, City looking shaky, bit of a worry. But what has really upset me(that takes some doing these days) is the anti City bile on the BBC sport section, these are comment posted after the match report. Bigoted, vile and sick do not cut it.
Saw a program the other night on how things have improved since the 1970's in terms of tolerance, well after reading that vitriol we seem to be back in the prehistoric era where the males were dragging their knuckles. Really annoyed, is it jealousy? Or just hatred? Feel sorry for them really :-)
That's great. Boot is on the other foot. We were the laughing stock. Long may this continue

It completely escapes you that you are in the position you are in due to geographical fortune, doesn't it? Had Celtic had the same fortune to spend on their squad, we wouldn't be a "championship" team either, we'd be facing you a couple of times a season. The history speaks for itself. We are where we are. That's life, but some humility in the place of arrogance with regard to the game would be a nice start.

We did very well.

As a Celtic fan, it's the most enjoyable game I've seen in a few years, simply because we were such big underdogs when you look at the quality of the teams. We have a very decent first team for our level, but the contrast is stark. To a man, we were excellent. Left nothing in reserve, mostly covered the skill deficiencies with endeavour and weren't too shabby with the ball when we had it. We harried, hassled and stuck in, and it worked.

We were shattered by the last 20 minutes and held on admirably, without it ever really feeling like you were pummelling us, though a 4th would've come if you'd had longer.

Overall, a superb night for our club at a level we can no longer be reasonably expected to compete at. Shame the game has gone this way but that's another discussion.

There was fortune in our goals, no doubt, but there was fortune in yours too. Kolarov's shot landing at the feet of Fernandinho when it could've gone anywhere (as we saw in another Kolarov effort that's just come back into orbit), Dembele's short pass to Brown that led to Sterling's (well-taken) goal, the parry by Gordon into the path of Nolito. You could go on about most goals, but that's just football.

Of course we raise our game when at home and the "big boys" turn up, what else should be done? Given that we're aiming for 6 leagues in a row, it's fair to say we turn up when the "little guys" arrive too. No?

There's no shame in finishing 4th in this group, that's not a put down. It's an acknowledgement of the relative circumstances we find ourselves in. There's no shame in raising your game as if this is our "cup final", we played out of our skin. And, for you, there's no shame in drawing with Celtic in Glasgow. Better teams have had worse.

This kind of result and occasion will become rarer and rarer for us until something changes with the "Champion's" league, so you better believe it's going to be milked. If we have to endure the 7-0s in Barcelona, we'll bathe in the points against teams like yours that cost hundreds of millions to assemble with arguably the best manager around in charge of them.

As much as I enjoy your delicious salty tears, maybe give Celtic a little credit as opposed to being a stereotypical arrogant fan of a rich club (plenty others seem to manage ok around here, I should add). It's ok to have off days, everyone does.

Well played, good game, I'm sure you'll still go far and even more sure you'll win the league. Some team.

What a great post well said sir, Actually I'm very happy with the result and although we just edged it and of the two teams probably did more to win, it would have been more than harsh on Celtic to loose. At least we got the 100% off our backs before we pay spuds.

I posted earlier, full marks Celtic spirited performance, City looking shaky, bit of a worry. But what has really upset me(that takes some doing these days) is the anti City bile on the BBC sport section, these are comment posted after the match report. Bigoted, vile and sick do not cut it.
Saw a program the other night on how things have improved since the 1970's in terms of tolerance, well after reading that vitriol we seem to be back in the prehistoric era where the males were dragging their knuckles. Really annoyed, is it jealousy? Or just hatred? Feel sorry for them really :-)

It's been like that for years on the BBC although many comments do get moderated, the daily mail also attracts them. I doubt they are genuine match going fans, simply jealous glory hunters or scorned teenagers.

Making a point that is a fact! Last season when they were in Europa those wonderful European nights didn't exist. "SO" my point is its bit hypocritical the media going on and on about its bouncing on these great European nights! It bounces only when there in champs league playing top teams..

Believe it or not playing against our rivals 4-6 times a season is also classed as a big occasion, if you had watched the game a few weeks ago you'd have seen for youself, although yourselves down south dont value our games,we do. Cup finals, important domestic fixtures etc. We've also had huge qualifying games early this season just for us to reach the group stages. There's no point being bitter about it, last night was a great occasion, but it is not a one off. I'd be happy to see the Etihad rocking when we come down, but it wont be, regardless of how important the fixture is.

Our atmosphere at 'normal' home games is still very very decent for the most part. We are the only club in the UK to have a rail seating section which has just under 3,000 fans in it singing for most of the 90. Just enjoy last night for what it was :)

Believe it or not playing against our rivals 4-6 times a season is also classed as a big occasion, if you had watched the game a few weeks ago you'd have seen for youself, although yourselves down south dont value our games,we do. Cup finals, important domestic fixtures etc. We've also had huge qualifying games early this season just for us to reach the group stages. There's no point being bitter about it, last night was a great occasion, but it is not a one off. I'd be happy to see the Etihad rocking when we come down, but it wont be, regardless of how important the fixture is.

Our atmosphere at 'normal' home games is still very very decent for the most part. We are the only club in the UK to have a rail seating section which has just under 3,000 fans in it singing for most of the 90. Just enjoy last night for what it was :)

Ok I stand corrected because you know much more about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.