Celtic v City post match

Making a point that is a fact! Last season when they were in Europa those wonderful European nights didn't exist. "SO" my point is its bit hypocritical the media going on and on about its bouncing on these great European nights! It bounces only when there in champs league playing top teams..

I'm still failing to see your point here. Of course it was going to be especially loud/bouncing when its one of our biggest games of the season, what's the point here? We step up the atmosphere for our bigger games of the season.. shock horror...

Well impressed. Classy club, fantastic fans and possibly the best atmosphere I've ever heard and I've been everywhere. Any Celtic fans here, you're a credit to your club. I may even go back. Great day.
Begs the question, why can't we get an atmosphere like that at the etihad? Too many suits, a new generation of fans, a sense of expectation rather than anticipation, astadium that was built for a different purpose and converted to a football stadium? Maybe a wee bit of all that but whatever the reason the atmosphere at times leaves a lot to be desired

Begs the question, why can't we get an atmosphere like that at the etihad? Too many suits, a new generation of fans, a sense of expectation rather than anticipation, astadium that was built for a different purpose and converted to a football stadium? Maybe a wee bit of all that but whatever the reason the atmosphere at times leaves a lot to be desired

We are spoilt

Lots of comments been made by people who weren't in the stadium. Conditions were hard and influenced our game more than theirs. Celtic pressing us was amazing as were their fans who created a fantastic atmosphere that kept their players going. Credit to them and atmosphere wise we should try and get that at our place when we play Barca.
I think both teams deserved what they got. Main problem besides the weather was both Silva and Gundogan not able to get a grip in midfield and Aguero was too quiet. Can't see a lot of teams able to do what Celtic did and even so we are able to win it. Not so yesterday though.

Spot on mate.
It's a bit worrying our midfield has not the right answers to a pressing Celtic team which was supposed to be championship level by some.
Not only our complete defensive system produced too many errors.
I also wonder that we could not use the space up front against a high pressing team and only had 1 counter attack situation which led to Sterlings goal.
KDB would have finished them alone but we need better answers without him also.

Pep must have 200 aspects to talk about after that match and I hope the team will learn from that.
Many other teams will have watched how City must be played and we can expect some kind of pressure from spurs.
We should be prepared a bit better.

Pep being relaxed and smiling and content post match is a bit of a screenplay to me. I don't buy that at all.
He must have felt it was time to be positive after a ...well very mixed performance. Too many mistakes, Pep just hates that.

Believe it or not playing against our rivals 4-6 times a season is also classed as a big occasion, if you had watched the game a few weeks ago you'd have seen for youself, although yourselves down south dont value our games,we do. Cup finals, important domestic fixtures etc. We've also had huge qualifying games early this season just for us to reach the group stages. There's no point being bitter about it, last night was a great occasion, but it is not a one off. I'd be happy to see the Etihad rocking when we come down, but it wont be, regardless of how important the fixture is.

Our atmosphere at 'normal' home games is still very very decent for the most part. We are the only club in the UK to have a rail seating section which has just under 3,000 fans in it singing for most of the 90. Just enjoy last night for what it was :)
It will be a good atmosphere at the Etihad but it's different for our clubs. It's just another game for us whereas for Celtic the Champions League is way bigger than the SPL.

City struggle to sell out the midweek European games, whereas Premiership games are sold out every time. I looked at your average gates in the SPL and it's 45,000 so that tells its own story.

Not knocking Celtic. It's a great club, it's just unfortunate that Scottish football as a whole has fallen away.

I do envy the atmosphere your fans can create. When your dining out at the top table for closing in on a decade, it takes away the hunger and you just sit back and enjoy rather than participate. It's just natural and understandable behaviour.

I would like to see City and Celtic go through, but it's looking highly unlikely. Most likely Barca top and City second, but still a lot of football to be played yet. Celtic could beat BMG home and away on what I have seen.

I'm expecting a reaction on Sunday.

Pep will have put some balls in vices and turned the screw.

Glad you enjoyed yourself up here mate. Surprised how well the whole day was received from both sets of fans, pundits etc. Fully expected a bit of aggro/drama and pretty dirty game, perhaps that will be the case down at the Etihad. I'm not on here to buy into the whole 'lets be friends' thing my fellow celtic fans seem to love but it was a great occasion last night. I was laughed at on here last week for knocking down people talking about how terribly poor Celtic are and that the atmosphere wont be anything out of the ordinary, glad last night was an eye opener and an experience most will remember for a long long time.

I've not read anything on here from Celtic fans pre match to be honest. I take people as I find them and last night was nothing short of sensational. Some idiot wanted to fight me on the coach park but I politely told him I was wet, tired and looking for my coach. No harm done. Thoroughly enjoyed it, really special atmosphere. Only my second time in Glasgow, very decent for a booze. Agree regards the game, thought it would be a tense, niggly affair. Very pleasantly surprised. Reckon we'll smash you at our place though!

to be fair we have had brilliant atmospheres for our big games. it also helps celtic that they have a 3,000 stadnign section with an organized fan group singing all the time. add in they dont have many big games to look forward too. i watch a few celtic league matches to see patrick roberts and its nothing like it was last night.

It will be a good atmosphere at the Etihad but it's different for our clubs. It's just another game for us whereas for Celtic the Champions League is way bigger than the SPL.

City struggle to sell out the midweek European games, whereas Premiership games are sold out every time. I looked at your average gates in the SPL and it's 45,000 so that tells its own story.

Not knocking Celtic. It's a great club, it's just unfortunate that Scottish football as a whole has fallen away.

I do envy the atmosphere your fans can create. When your dining out at the top table for closing in on a decade, it takes away the hunger and you just sit back and enjoy rather than participate. It's just natural and understandable behaviour.

I would like to see City and Celtic go through, but it's looking highly unlikely. Most likely Barca top and City second, but still a lot of football to be played yet. Celtic could beat BMG home and away on what I have seen.

I understand that is the difference in mentalities but why? No one else outwith those in England understand why English clubs & fans dont take the Champions League as seriously as the EPL. Is it just the money? The champions league is the biggest and best club competition there is, you play fewer games in it and it's against the best teams from all over europe, yet 'its just another game'. I just dont get that. Why is playing Bournemouth easier to sell out than playing Gladbach?

Scottish football is murder, no getting away from it, but we still share a huge passion for the SPL and our cups regardless of what everyone else thinks of it. Having an average attendance of 45k in a terrible league is fantastic.

City will still qualify IMO. You're really hoping we do you a favour by beating Gladbach at home, i think we will struggle really. We have always been playing for 3rd place, would be a great achievement considering the group we are in.

I was in the Lisbon Lions stand lower last night very close to the safe standing corner or the stadium, never heard an atmosphere like that before and I'm sure the safe standing section played a massive part. I'd love for us to get something like that in the south stand corner at the Etihad. Credit to the Celtic fans they were amazing last night and although it was a very uncomfortable night for me (every time they scored) I've got a soft spot for there club now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.