Celtic v City post match

Brilliant game last night,i cant wait for the next meeting in manchester now.i was in the etihad for the 1st time a few months ago for the roses gig,i dont think i will get away with smoking a joint in the center circle this time round

To be fair when you only have 4 big games a season at home the fans will be up for it! It be like city being in div 1 and playing Barcelona Bayern and tBhe scum once a year the stadium would rock! Bet Celtics next game at home be like damp squid atmosphere whys and the media wont report that.
As opposed to a sick swan?
Begs the question, why can't we get an atmosphere like that at the etihad? Too many suits, a new generation of fans, a sense of expectation rather than anticipation, astadium that was built for a different purpose and converted to a football stadium? Maybe a wee bit of all that but whatever the reason the atmosphere at times leaves a lot to be desired
I think you mean paying customers and guests, as we are now known in Corporate Speak.

Ok, we were absolutely amazing, and in the final third we didn't of a fit wrong. Silva and Gundogan were sublime and only an amazing goalkeeping performance meant we didn't win the game.

no need to twist words mate, you know what i meant, scoring wasn't the issue last night,score 3 away from home and you normally win, yes out of the 24 chances we created we possibly could of scored more than 3.
the problem was more defensively last night.

Lol, predicted an easy win, ended up with egg on your face. Was always going to be tough game for us. Bigger clubs than ours have been turned over up there. Are you pro Rangers by any chance?

You sound like Niall Quinn. Did you raise your arm in celebration when the 'Championship' side made it tougher than expected for us last night ?

Begs the question, why can't we get an atmosphere like that at the etihad? Too many suits, a new generation of fans, a sense of expectation rather than anticipation, astadium that was built for a different purpose and converted to a football stadium? Maybe a wee bit of all that but whatever the reason the atmosphere at times leaves a lot to be desired

Well if there was a section of the Eithad with railed seating, 3000 blues might be able to get the atmosphere going. The design of the roof is a major flaw atmoshere wise as well. At Maine road the Kippax roof and the old main stand roof used to funnel the noise down onto the pitch well thats what Jimmy Wagg and Paul lake said on the radio on my trip home after the Bournemouth game.

It completely escapes you that you are in the position you are in due to geographical fortune, doesn't it? Had Celtic had the same fortune to spend on their squad, we wouldn't be a "championship" team either, we'd be facing you a couple of times a season. The history speaks for itself. We are where we are. That's life, but some humility in the place of arrogance with regard to the game would be a nice start.

We did very well.

As a Celtic fan, it's the most enjoyable game I've seen in a few years, simply because we were such big underdogs when you look at the quality of the teams. We have a very decent first team for our level, but the contrast is stark. To a man, we were excellent. Left nothing in reserve, mostly covered the skill deficiencies with endeavour and weren't too shabby with the ball when we had it. We harried, hassled and stuck in, and it worked.

We were shattered by the last 20 minutes and held on admirably, without it ever really feeling like you were pummelling us, though a 4th would've come if you'd had longer.

Overall, a superb night for our club at a level we can no longer be reasonably expected to compete at. Shame the game has gone this way but that's another discussion.

There was fortune in our goals, no doubt, but there was fortune in yours too. Kolarov's shot landing at the feet of Fernandinho when it could've gone anywhere (as we saw in another Kolarov effort that's just come back into orbit), Dembele's short pass to Brown that led to Sterling's (well-taken) goal, the parry by Gordon into the path of Nolito. You could go on about most goals, but that's just football.

Of course we raise our game when at home and the "big boys" turn up, what else should be done? Given that we're aiming for 6 leagues in a row, it's fair to say we turn up when the "little guys" arrive too. No?

There's no shame in finishing 4th in this group, that's not a put down. It's an acknowledgement of the relative circumstances we find ourselves in. There's no shame in raising your game as if this is our "cup final", we played out of our skin. And, for you, there's no shame in drawing with Celtic in Glasgow. Better teams have had worse.

This kind of result and occasion will become rarer and rarer for us until something changes with the "Champion's" league, so you better believe it's going to be milked. If we have to endure the 7-0s in Barcelona, we'll bathe in the points against teams like yours that cost hundreds of millions to assemble with arguably the best manager around in charge of them.

As much as I enjoy your delicious salty tears, maybe give Celtic a little credit as opposed to being a stereotypical arrogant fan of a rich club (plenty others seem to manage ok around here, I should add). It's ok to have off days, everyone does.

Well played, good game, I'm sure you'll still go far and even more sure you'll win the league. Some team.

Salty tears? Really? Your whole league is salty tears-its why you want to enter the English football league isn't it-your club is guaranteed CL football every year because your league is laughable and you get the revenue for you free pass into it.

Geographical fortune is such a woman isn't it, your playing in a tin pot league and raised your game against a better team, those are the facts fella.100's of millions blah blah blah-surpirsed you haven't called us the rich oil club to be honest.

For the record I've supported City since the early 80's so your stereotypical arrogant fan of a rich club is frankly fucking laughable if your pointing that shit at me.

Celtic 2 Inverness 2-did you afford them the respect for out battling you and post on there forum?

Ours according to Hahoop. Nobody has told him Celtic didn't win last night even though it was their cup final. Someone will have to break the bad news to him before he makes an ever bigger dick of himself.

"Salty tears". Lol again. Embarassing and desperate.

Ours according to Hahoop. Nobody has told him Celtic didn't win last night even though it was their cup final. Someone will have to bring him the bad news.

"Salty tears". Lol again. Embarassing and desperate.

Not yours at all, re-read my post. I'm talking to flb and his gum bumping.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.