Celtic v City post match

Cheers pal,you have argued your corner well despite a certain amount of arrogance within the thread.

Indeed it was a good game and i look forward to the return.Look after Master Roberts in the mean time.....!

Pre-recent injury, he was looking superb for us. He's getting action from the bench at the moment, but I have high hopes once his sharpness is back to where it should be. You saw a little of that on the touchline at some point last night, lovely feet.

As for the re-match, I suspect I'll have to avoid these forums the day after....Celtic and Away In Europe aren't words that go well in any shape or form!

Pre-recent injury, he was looking superb for us. He's getting action from the bench at the moment, but I have high hopes once his sharpness is back to where it should be. You saw a little of that on the touchline at some point last night, lovely feet.

As for the re-match, I suspect I'll have to avoid these forums the day after....Celtic and Away In Europe aren't words that go well in any shape or form!
Good stuff,yep,i enjoyed that little bit of trickery.........my only concern is his application and heart,is he up for the fight? definitely stick around and keep us updated.

Anyway i'm going off topic....:-)

In tough games like this our fullbacks hold us back imo. Next summer 2 top class ones need to be the priority.

Anyway, we won't know whether this is an alright result until Barca and Gladbach have been there. Celtic have only lost 3 out of 24 CL home games but then again we're not talking about THIS Celtic team - a poor team on paper. Maybe it goes to show what a great atmosphere can help accomplish. I'm guessing that Gladbach and Barca will go there and win tho as all of Celtic's goals were either lucky (offside and OG) or a blatant mistake on our part (Kolarov). Hope Celtic get a couple of draws at least, we should destroy them at ours.

• Sterling was good - just wish he was more involved as when he was they couldn't live with him.
  • Gundogan not quite match fit yet
  • Silva was dictating the game just before he was moved out wide - 1st questionable decision by Pep imo, think Gundo should have come off rather than Nolito
  • Aguero didn't help coming deep so much in the latter stages
  • Kolarov went some way to proving my opinion that he'll only be a positive for us at CB in at home/in games we're going to completely dominate.
  • We miss KDB's end product

• Sterling was good - just wish he was more involved as when he was they couldn't live with him.
  • Silva was dictating the game just before he was moved out wide - 1st questionable decision by Pep imo, think Gundo should have come off rather than Nolito
  • Kolarov went some way to proving my opinion that he'll only be a positive for us at CB in at home/in games we're going to completely dominate.
I agree on every single point.
Would also like to see more of Aleix Garcia when Gündo & KDB are not fully fit.

The divine right merchants have been out in force. We knew they would. Dread to think how steep the avalance of tossed rattles and dummies will be when we lose one.
I think I posted on the pre match thread about this, myself and The Light Was Yellow Sir. A significant majority stating a minimum of 4-0 because of the 'gulf in class'.
Completely unrealistic. Whilst Scottish football is not very competitive, in many ways neither is La Liga and the Bundesliga. The advantage of that is that the teams don't get over extended very often as will be the case for Celtic. We had a hard game and the script is written for a tough game at Spurs. Cue the international break and two weeks of City and Pep ain't all that.
I was ready for a difficult first season for Pep, but the start has blown me away. From what I've seen I have upgraded this seasons expectations from 'happy to get top 4' to 'title challengers'. Last nights result and any difficulties on Saturday will not alter that.

I think some of the old time City supporters need to get with the times, it seems to a few that following City was more about the rest of it than the football(which wasn't always great so that's understandable) because they seem lacking in their knowledge of the game in general (sorry but that's the only explanation I can see for some of the things I'm seeing). Some are desperately holding out for some doom and gloom because maybe that's all they know and they don't really know what to say when footballs amazing and thing's are on the up all the time and they feel left out.

They have been consistently wrong so far this season saying we should have been at the worry stations for Sunderland, Stoke etc and they have one small victory where we didn't even play that badly(we weren't at our peak but calm down it was still good on the whole) we just dropped points to Celtic away with no small amount of good fortune for their side of things but most of us are level headed enough to expect a slight drop in performance at some point such is the high level we strive for now, or that the opposition might on the odd occasion set up perfectly against us making it a hard night for us. Now we have to pinpoint the areas we need to rotate more, where they had their success and why... we'll be stronger for it and smash them at the Etihad.

Many teams would have had their heads down going behind 3 times, we never looked rattled to the point where the game was getting away from us at any point as much as BT Sports wanted to spin that narrative... we very nearly won it, they were hanging on for dear life at the end not us.

In tough games like this our fullbacks hold us back imo. Next summer 2 top class ones need to be the priority.

Anyway, we won't know whether this is an alright result until Barca and Gladbach have been there. Celtic have only lost 3 out of 24 CL home games but then again we're not talking about THIS Celtic team - a poor team on paper. Maybe it goes to show what a great atmosphere can help accomplish. I'm guessing that Gladbach and Barca will go there and win tho as all of Celtic's goals were either lucky (offside and OG) or a blatant mistake on our part (Kolarov). Hope Celtic get a couple of draws at least, we should destroy them at ours.

*Defensive Bluemooner Hat on*

No better than the Etihad was against Gladbach ... oh and do you work for BT/are you a rag? ;)

I think some of the old time City supporters need to get with the times, it seems to a few that following City was more about the rest of it than the football(which wasn't always great so that's understandable) because they seem lacking in their knowledge of the game in general (sorry but that's the only explanation I can see for some of the things I'm seeing). Some are desperately holding out for some doom and gloom because maybe that's all they know and they don't really know what to say when footballs amazing and thing's are on the up all the time and they feel left out.

They have been consistently wrong so far this season saying we should have been at the worry stations for Sunderland, Stoke etc and they have one small victory where we didn't even play that badly(we weren't at our peak but calm down it was still good on the whole) we just dropped points to Celtic away with no small amount of good fortune for their side of things but most of us are level headed enough to expect a slight drop in performance at some point such is the high level we strive for now, or that the opposition might on the odd occasion set up perfectly against us making it a hard night for us. Now we have to pinpoint the areas we need to rotate more, where they had their success and why... we'll be stronger for it and smash them at the Etihad.

Many teams would have had their heads down going behind 3 times, we never looked rattled to the point where the game was getting away from us at any point as much as BT Sports wanted to spin that narrative... we very nearly won it, they were hanging on for dear life at the end not us.

manchester city have never been a club to shout off the mouth about what we have (the new king) shit (better than) crap.
we just not a glory hunting club and don't have to sell it to the fans to believe the hype. we all know its a long long season and nothing is won in the early months and city more than any other know how things can turn in a flash so we keep our feet on the ground

last night for me was the first time it felt we was meant to be in the champions league and not just another club making up the numbers
teams and the media are coming round to a great club we have and players and manager that are now being talked about PFA winners and you could see celtic wanting to beat us to add a feather in the hat MANCHESTER CITY have come of age we are now in with a shout of winning everything we play in and others see us as a threat

Sad to say it but Zab has had his day. One of my all time favourite players but I cringe now everytime I see him in the team knowing we will be exposed down our right hand side. He is never there always drifting inside leaving us exposed to wingers dives into tackles then gets lost for pace. Think Sterling's og was due to the fact he was trying to cover Zab again.

Not sure Zab moving inside is an indication that he is finished. Guardiola gives his players very clear instructions on which zone they should be in and when so Zab may just be trying to implement what has been asked of him.

I thought it was a really enjoyable game. Great effort by Celtic, some real bad luck for us, and fantastic grit and determination to come from behind 3 times.

If you still enjoy football as a game, what was not to love last night?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.