Celtic v City post match

All this point scoring on attendances and atmospheres is sad as fuck. Some fans are sounding like the gobshites across the road.
It's over, done and dusted. Celtic deservedly got a draw and we move on to the next game. There's bigger fish to fry this season.

Which is why the "if we play like that against..." comment is unnecessary; doubly so because most teams won't enjoy the kind of luck Celtic did on their goals.

Also, having watched the game a second time, I think our defending was decent for most of the game: as I said earlier in thread, most of their efforts on goal came in the first 15 minutes and after their third, they didn't get near Bravo. Their total number of shots was less than one more than the average number we have been conceding this season.

No one is pretending it was our finest hour or that the team needs to improve but performances will go up and down; let's hope they are up against Spurs or, yeah, surprise, surprise, we will get dicked if we do not play well.

It wasn't just the goals, it was the failure to challenge properly for simple long passes or pathetic attempts to clear bouncing balls, miskicking clearences.

It's not acceptable for players to do that under Pellegrini & it's not acceptable under Guardiola.

And guess what ? It was the same players.

They have been praised to high heaven for their high quality performanecs & this is the exact opposite, so as far as I'm concerned, it was utter shite & below Premier League standard.

We cannot allow it to continue & I trust that Pep won't.

Last season we did allow it to continue & got what we deserved.

Haha. Think your gripe's more to do with your distaste for Celtic more than anything else, as you've made clearly obvious from your comments. You do realise that if you omitted the word fucking from every sentence you'd have far less typing to do, don't you? ;-)

Yeah right I can only have the opinion that City's defending was fucking shite because I have a distaste for Celtic.

In spite of the fact I've watched most of their tv games for the past 3 seasons.

So I know how good Scott Sinclair actually is. And Brown.

Are you a scouser by any chance ? They think like that.

Lincoln result means nothing. We played very well against Hapoel at home, put them out and they have since went on to beat Inter Milan in the San Siro and drew with a team from the 'mighty' EPL. We done ok for a 'League 1/championship side' wouldnt you say?...

The barca game, well... it's barcelona, they were sensational that night. Un-playable.

Yes on paper you should have won but we played well and it was a great game of football. Our form in europe so far has been decent.. we made it through 3 qualifiers in pre-season to get this far and have only ever lost 3 games out of 23 at home in the Champions league.

Celtic did their job, but City didn't do theirs. That's the top & bottom of it for me.

The kind of goals we conceded shouldn't happen to a Premier League team. Had it been from a couple of Griffith's unstoppable free kicks then it's easier to accept, but the manner of us conceding goals is irrespective of tactics or how well Celtic pressed, it's just us being a mess.

It was a great night & a fantastic atmosphere but imo from a City point of view it's a 'great night' we should have ruined by being much better.

dont flatter yourself ... googled in 30 seconds
half full at best for most games is not good

Well what a waste of time that was. In a country of 5million, in a 'tin pot league', watching 'shit players' against 'shit teams', 'winning all the time' selling 45k+ season tickets is very very healthy, dont you agree? No point concerning yourself about it. Funny you chose to ignore what my point was. The figures posted include season ticket holders regardless of wether or not they show up, as technically, that number of seats are still sold.

Yes it did, but shouldn't the players do it themselves?

I don't subscribe to the idea that fans should pay 100 quid a ticket for the privilege of putting on a show to encourage millionaires to perform for them.

To me (and most other Celtic fans) that attitude is crazy. Dont even know where to begin. If that's your thoughts surely you are better suited watching it at home?

Celtic did their job, but City didn't do theirs. That's the top & bottom of it for me.

The kind of goals we conceded shouldn't happen to a Premier League team. Had it been from a couple of Griffith's unstoppable free kicks then it's easier to accept, but the manner of us conceding goals is irrespective of tactics or how well Celtic pressed, it's just us being a mess.

It was a great night & a fantastic atmosphere but imo from a City point of view it's a 'great night' we should have ruined by being much better.

I totally get that mate, Cities expectations (rightfully so) are much higher than our own.

Well what a waste of time that was. In a country of 5million, in a 'tin pot league', watching 'shit players' against 'shit teams', 'winning all the time' selling 45k+ season tickets is very very healthy, dont you agree? No point concerning yourself about it. Funny you chose to ignore what my point was. The figures posted include season ticket holders regardless of wether or not they show up, as technically, that number of seats are still sold.

To me (and most other Celtic fans) that attitude is crazy. Dont even know where to begin. If that's your thoughts surely you are better suited watching it at home?

I totally get that mate, Cities expectations (rightfully so) are much higher than our own.

ok so why do over 20,000 season ticket holders habitually not turn up?

What planet are you on.

Their first goal was cleverly worked, they found a way to breach our zonal defending of free kicks; that can happen at our level but what was worse was the assistant referee being so far behind the play that he could not see a clear offside.

Their second goal was deflected by a decent challenge by Sterling, that sort of thing can happen to any team.

and, the third goal was largely down to an individual error of the type that can occasionally happen to any defender.

All very unfortunate, and in theory, shouldn't happen but it the real world, do happen to Premier League teams up and down the division.

As to the same players comment you've also made. I'm afraid Pep no more than Pellegrini can bless certain players with ability they don't have; which is why I wanted 7 or 8 new players in the starting line-up. I expect Pep to get more out of his resources than Pellegrini but there is only so much he can do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.