Celtic v City post match

dont flatter yourself ... googled in 30 seconds
half full at best for most games is not good
That's no more his fault than mine that we shut a tier down against Monchengladbach! My old man was at Celtic on Wednesday, he's been going home and away for over 50 years and said less than an hour ago that it was one of, if not THE, best atmospheres he's ever experienced. Do Boca Juniors fill their ground every game? I don't know but I know it doesn't stop La Bombonera bouncing whenever River Plate turn up. This is the same with every club in the world and Celtic are no different in that aspect.

I don't like the club, never have. I am big enough to say however that I take my hat off to them for Wednesday night.

did man city deserve to win the game? i dont think so, they didnt do enough to win it, could argue they were fortunate to draw the game, both sides goals came from errors and luck, to talk about one sides luck and ignore the other is blinkered

is that a failure for man city because they didnt do enough to win the game? to some it might be, to someone who knows celtic park I would never consider it a failure for any team to not lose there, a point at parkhead in the champions league is a huge result for any team, just listen to your manager, man city were unlucky to draw celtic in pot 4, this is the gorup of death, the best teams from every pot

i think some people have seen the 7-0 result against barcelona and made some silly judgements on that, lets not forget they beat roma 6-1 in the group last season with a 91st min consolation goal for roma and the front 3 has had a year since then to improve

roma with

W. Szczęsny
Maicon
K. Manolas
L. Digne
A. Rüdiger
S. Kéita
R. Nainggolan
M. Pjanić
A. Florenzi
E. Džeko
Iago Falqué

players celtic could only dream of acquiring

Maicon and the rest of the Roma defence were on the back foot for the majority of the match.

"We tried to play our football but tonight we didn't manage to do anything," the ex-Manchester City player said.

"We were lucky to lose only 6-1 actually. Our objectives for the season do not change but we have to play differently from tonight. We never really tried to play, we did zero, nothing."

Coach Rudi Garcia added: "Right now Barca is unstoppable, it's not a coincidence that they beat Madrid 4-0.

barceolna could take 5 or 6 off that man city defence very easily if we can score 3

I don't agree with people saying we underestimated Celtic, Celtic at home is one of toughest grounds in Europe they have beaten many of the so called top Europeans teams there so I don't think for one minute the players and management thought it would be an easy three points and so it proved Celtic deserved the point and a point at Celtic is a good result and for me it's advantage City for at least second.

I hope you City fans enjoyed your Parkhead experience. Thats what a real rockin' Euro bash is. We know we were lucky and we will get humped at yours. Take a wee minute to remember where you were in '86. I have always had a soft spot for City unlike many of the Celtic mob. I have stood in the Kippax against Oldham, Everton and Spurs. Please dont think we are all terrorist arseholes either. The hardcore idiots who still sing about that shit make most of us cringe. The IRA they sing about is in their 3rd generation blood and not the 80s mob who planted bombs. Franny Lee !!!

Not the view of all City fans. Maybe that's the generation gap showing in modern football. Celtic appear to have a much younger match-attending fan base in general (compared to other clubs), as in teens-30s which I imagine is what generates that "special European atmosphere" that the older fans don't have to start. Whereas, at City, I look around at the ground and it is overwhelmingly middle-aged - there are few pockets such as "Kippax Corner" and the South stand where younger fans congregate (coincidently where all our crowd's singing comes from at the Etihad). The north stand (allocated Family Stand - such a bad idea for atmosphere) has the families and therefore, generally the younger kids. Hopefully that doesn't sound "ageist" as obviously older fans were the football culture when singing was at it's peak, when they were younger. They've seen the game change and don't like it/have become a bit bitter about it.

Any multi-millionaire jibes at footballers from fans, media, politicians is just lazy and I'm sick of hearing it - Football is a huge business, therefore, huge sums of money are involved and the assets benefit where the demand is there for 'em. Common sense really, that's capitalism. It's not even relevant to atmosphere.

As for our atmosphere - lots of our fans outright avoid going to CL games because of a strong dislike for EUFA and the competition itself. It's gotten better since last season but before we were regularly frustrated with referring decisions that appeared bent in favour of the likes of Barca (our naivety to European refs played a part too which we've gotten over) and things like making CSKA Moscow away non-attendance because of CSKA's racism whilst loads of CSKA fans got tickets through EUFA/sponsors - effectively punishing City fans (this is why we started booing the anthem, besides them being found bent and FFP which was clearly to hamper us and pushed by the likes of David Gill, rag director with his fingers in the pie of FA and FIFA).

What other fans don't think about is that we've gone from league and a few cup games a year to being successful in 4 competitions in terms of how far we get on a season by season basis. If your also a regular away traveller that's a hell of a lot of expenditure for the fan whilst we've also got a bunch of corporates that've been brought in to "monetise" the fanbase under the pressure of FFP. That is why the odd cup game might have a lot more empty seats than there should be. I think there is some kind of problem with sponsorships getting tickets that aren't going to fans that would attend too, as even during the sell-outs (which is regular FYI, since other fans never seem to look up the facts) - I always see the same clusters of empty seats in the family stand especially (from where I'm sat) - these are what are easy to see on TV. Yes we have the lowest season ticket in the league but that was a marketing initiative for the expanded stand (it's just the highest seats) - I've witnessed many, many of our long-term fans being priced out over the last few years, who can only afford the odd game now. The atmosphere has plummeted during this time; we were still laughing at the rags for having a library in 2012 and I felt the tide changing after that as tourists/casuals starting to replace those priced out. Then, there is also the aspect of success where we expect to win which we're not used to long-term like Celtic, rags etc. Celtic has the nice balance for atmosphere/character of pulverising their league and then being underdogs in Europe; when we play shit, it's generally because the players are being lazy or not putting sufficient effort in for the fans - probably where the multi-millionaire thing that people bring up comes from because the likes of Nasri would play shit then you'd see pics of his flashy Ferrari and house. That's the difference in our clubs between the fans getting behind the players or not - ours have the quality to wipe the floor with the other team but sometimes seemingly couldn't be arsed (especially Yaya) - this was the problem with Pellegrini's last two years and the year Mancini got the sack.

Traditionally, we have a strong, solid fanbase heavily from Manchester but also have traditional supporter bases in other places like Sweden, Sierra Leone that have followed us a long time/have Manc links. The difference with Celtic is, you have one of the biggest supports across the British isles because of what you are. Your not so much as a club with a global fanbase, your non-Glaswegian fans are probably overwhelmingly Brits/Irish with a shared culture (such as singing at football), not visiting tourists like rags for example (or us for CL games). That's your advantage over every other club in the UK.

A very articulate and accurate post TID, credit!

That's no more his fault than mine that we shut a tier down against Monchengladbach! My old man was at Celtic on Wednesday, he's been going home and away for over 50 years and said less than an hour ago that it was one of, if not THE, best atmospheres he's ever experienced. Do Boca Juniors fill their ground every game? I don't know but I know it doesn't stop La Bombonera bouncing whenever River Plate turn up. This is the same with every club in the world and Celtic are no different in that aspect.

I don't like the club, never have. I am big enough to say however that I take my hat off to them for Wednesday night.

I posted this on another thread. There's been no trolling or press frenzy about a half empty swamp last night which was propped up by thousands of kids

did man city deserve to win the game? i dont think so, they didnt do enough to win it, could argue they were fortunate to draw the game, both sides goals came from errors and luck, to talk about one sides luck and ignore the other is blinkered

is that a failure for man city because they didnt do enough to win the game? to some it might be, to someone who knows celtic park I would never consider it a failure for any team to not lose there, a point at parkhead in the champions league is a huge result for any team, just listen to your manager, man city were unlucky to draw celtic in pot 4, this is the gorup of death, the best teams from every pot

The longer this thread gets...the more ridiculous the analysis of the game becomes.
City were sloppy in defence but Celtic scored through an offside goal / an own goal / + a shinned shank
City scored 3 legitimate goals + Gordon made a few decent saves.
City fans are disappointed because we expected to win the game but the official stats are below.
Possession: Celtic 39% Man City 61%
Shots: Celtic 9 City 24
Shots on Target: Celtic 3 City 9
Corners: Celtic 4 City 9
Normally City win this game 3-1 but fair play to Celtic for taking advantage of their good fortune.
But to say you could "argue that City were fortunate to draw" is getting a little silly.

Your username is funny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.