Central heating, 24/7 during winter ?

sweynforkbeard said:
nimrod said:
sweynforkbeard said:
What if you have followed this procedure and come in - let's say from tending to an elderly aunt in Audenshaw suffering from reduced mobility due to ingrowing toenails - but immediately realised that you have forgotten you have an Armenian language conversation class and have to go straight out again? Bear in mind that one might also be trying to defrost a multipack of ling fillets whilst storing a haddock terrine at room temperature in the front parlour. Is it off, down - and by how many degrees -or open a window and stuff the chances of a burglar invading the property and making off with the wireless and a hoard of bulging nets of chocolate gold doubloons ready for Christmas morning?

those of you who are playing in the match this afternoon move your clothes
down on to the lower peg immediately after lunch before you
write your letter home, if you're not getting your hair cut,
unless you've got a younger brother who is going out this
weekend as the guest of another boy, in which case collect his
note before lunch, put it in your letter after you've had your
hair cut, and make sure he moves your clothes down onto the
lower peg for you.

Wymer: Sir?

Headmaster: Yes, Wymer?

Wymer: My younger brother's going out with Dibble this weekend,
sir, but I'm not having my hair cut today sir, so do I move my
clothes down or...

Headmaster: I do wish you'd listen, Wymer, it's perfectly simple.
If you're not getting your hair cut, you don't have to move
your brother's clothes down to the lower peg, you simply
collect his note before lunch after you've done your scripture
prep when you've written your letter home before rest, move
your own clothes on to the lower peg, greet the visitors, and
report to Mr Viney that you've had your chit signed.

This is the most reassuring thing I have ever read on the internet and I would like to thank you. I am suffused in a warm golden glow though this may be explained by my forgetting to wear incontinence pants this morning.

think nothing of it sweyn<br /><br />-- Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:07 pm --<br /><br />
Gaylord du Bois said:
salfordpaul said:
op its easy to work out!

take a gas mtr reading at 7am in the morning using it one way then take a reading before and after the 2nd way. you can work out the kilowats used (or imperial dependant on your meter)

i did it once and found leaving it on all day albeit at a lower temp used SLIGHTLY more
This. 20 degrees is the highest we've ever set ours.
Reduce it to 18 during the day and let the thermostat do the work. It's pennies difference.

dont forget mate that your elec bill will be higher as the pump is running a lot more and the system will wear out (and require more eventual maintenance) if left on all day

dont forget mate that your elec bill will be higher as the pump is running a lot more and the system will wear out (and require more eventual maintenance) if left on all day

not having that nimrod, i goto boilers 20 yrs old fitted with grunfoss pumps that never have been replaced. and how do you maintain a pump? if its on a flushed clean system it should run forever unless you are unlucky!

mancitymick said:
Whilst in the house the heating is on. Sod the bill, i dont do cold

This.

I've been poor and cold in the past and it won't happen again. My Heating is one of my luxuries and has been on almost constantly since i got back from Portugal in September.

On a money saving note, my boiler has an economy switch which heats the water when needed and not keeping it hot all the time.

salfordpaul said:

not having that nimrod, i goto boilers 20 yrs old fitted with grunfoss pumps that never have been replaced. and how do you maintain a pump? if its on a flushed clean system it should run forever unless you are unlucky!

I didnt just mean the pump, I said the system.....you have a pump and a boiler......any mechanical item thats run a lot of hours a day rather than little hours a day will wear out quicker mate, you dont need to be an engineer to know that.......think of a company car/taxi.....and I maintain that your electricity bill will be higher due to running the pump.

If I lived in the UK, I would turn mine of for 9 hours whilst at work - and while I slept for 7 hours...your electric and gas bills will be lower, by how much depends on the system you have and the size of house and quality of insulation (massively important)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.