Central midfielder in January?

Re: Central midfielder in January !!

Honestly do we need an attacking midfielder which Gundogan is? With the likes of silva, yaya, nasri and co. I think not. Another Fernandinho would be mint but I assure you that won't happen. I could see a Fernando or matic coming in to bolster our defense.

Therefore an attacking midfielder is completely unessecary

MillionDollarDream said:
richards30 said:
Not seen much of matic or the 2 defenders mentioned. Would they strengthen us significantly?

Zouma is somebody that can play now and build towards the future. He's a lot further a long than Nasty and is younger. Some say he's peaked but he's actually just outgrown St. Etienne and needs to be on a bigger stage. More than held his own against the attacking trifecta of Ibrahimovic Lavezzi and Cavani this season. Great in the air, great anticipation, a bit of pace and can pass from the back perfect for our new set up. The big kicker is he's not cup tied and his suspension would be up right after window.

His tackle was overblown because it caused an injury, no way would he be suspended 10 games in England.
Personally I thought it was a fantastic tackle. Need some more recklessness in the team, show the opposition we won't roll over and that they should be fucking scared.

Mcfchamps said:
Honestly do we need an attacking midfielder which Gundogan is? With the likes of silva, yaya, nasri and co. I think not. Another Fernandinho would be mint but I assure you that won't happen. I could see a Fernando or matic coming in to bolster our defense.

umm, both Fernando and Matic are DMs, and the purpose of buying them would be to play alongside or in place and Fernandinho.

NoahCity said:
Mcfchamps said:

umm, both Fernando and Matic are DMs, and the purpose of buying them would be to play alongside or in place and Fernandinho.

Thats my point. we NEED a fernando or Matic

Mcfchamps said:
NoahCity said:
Mcfchamps said:

Thats my point. we NEED a fernando or Matic
it's just that you said they would bolster our defence, when they aren't defenders.
you also say another player of the Fernandinho mold won't happen but then say you can see Matic/Fernando coming, and they are players who do a similar job to Fernandinho.

For those that are reading the thread and haven't watched the youtube videos of Matic, I would highly recommend it. People always say you can't go by a player's highlight reel, but he looks seriously impressive. I'm very excited at the prospect of getting him. He looks an absolute monster. Good luck to anyone trying to push him off the ball. And the touch on some of those passes?? He seems to bring a lot to the table, and as someone else mentioned, if needed he could probably even be slotted in at center half and have success there similar to what happened with Vinny.

Here's to a new year in which Manchester City Football Club never lose a header.

Given that the article predicted we'd go shopping from teams knocked out of the CL, players from Benfica, Porto, and Juventus might be desirable. Matic and Isla would suit me, Vidal if we're allowed to dream.

Gabriel said:
Given that the article predicted we'd go shopping from teams knocked out of the CL, players from Benfica, Porto, and Juventus might be desirable. Matic and Isla would suit me, Vidal if we're allowed to dream.

Were Juve able to give Vidal a new contract extension? Heard rumblings that they might have to part ways with him then on the flip side they were able to give him a new contract.

green pennies said:
For those that are reading the thread and haven't watched the youtube videos of Matic, I would highly recommend it. People always say you can't go by a player's highlight reel, but he looks seriously impressive. I'm very excited at the prospect of getting him. He looks an absolute monster. Good luck to anyone trying to push him off the ball. And the touch on some of those passes?? He seems to bring a lot to the table, and as someone else mentioned, if needed he could probably even be slotted in at center half and have success there similar to what happened with Vinny.

Here's to a new year in which Manchester City Football Club never lose a header.

Let's hope we don't play Barcelona or other passing teams then eh?

;o)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.