Central midfielder in January?

Re: Central midfielder in January !!

NoahCity said:
Jutt said:
Ryan Deary said:
I'm not sure we really need to go out into the transfer market and purchase a central midfielder for £20 million+. We have Yaya Toure who is one of the best in the world (Apart from the laziness) and we have the ever improving Fernandinho. We should consider trying to develop a youngster from the academy because I've heard there's a couple of bright talents.

Agreed. If we get too top heavy with talent, there will be issues with playing time. Regardless of how many games there are. Guys like Pogba, Matuidi etc are going to want to be on the team sheet the majority of the time.
With the number of games we play, they will be, we might even try out playing whoever we get alongside Yaya and Fernandinho. We definitely need someone proven in this position because the options outside of Yaya and Fernandinho are poor.

Don't get me wrong, I agree. I shit my pants damn near every time i see Garcia warming up. However, you've got guys that are on the team sheet week in and week out at other clubs are probably going to expect the same. Now if theyre fine with being a sitational/rotational part time starter then yeah im all for it. I feel like a second tier player would work well. Don't really have anyone specific in mind though besides maybe Cabaye and Matic.

At the end of the day though its up to Pelligrini to make it work...ive got faith in him.

Ryan Deary said:
I'm not sure we really need to go out into the transfer market and purchase a central midfielder for £20 million+. We have Yaya Toure who is one of the best in the world (Apart from the laziness) and we have the ever improving Fernandinho. We should consider trying to develop a youngster from the academy because I've heard there's a couple of bright talents.

I do. Well maybe not 20 million. If Yaya or Fernandinho get injured for any length of time then could be fucked. I believe Fernando and Matuidi are out of contract in the summer and despite them being cup-tied,(Europe) could well prove to be excellent additions to the first team. Plus they could probably be gotten for a fair and reasonable price due to their contract situation.

Apart from his laziness !!!
fuck off .. so many blues are sheep

Luca Cigarini. Good workrate and can pick a pass Xavi would be proud of.

Conti from Cagliari wouldnt be a bad shout either for a more defensive role, which is what we need more than a deep play maker.

If we win the title with the present squad we will certainly receive the recognition we deserve.
If we buy further top class players in January and win the title we will receive nothing but criticism about buying the league etc etc etc etc.

IMHO.

The quality of player we want these days are very rarely available in January and way too many folk on here are expecting way too much transfer activity from us imo.

We will make our moves in the summer.

Even if we could do with a tackler to sit in front of the CBs, and even tho he is old, I'd love to see Pirlo playing for us.

Alonso would be a quality stopgap but i can't see him throwing away this years CL campaign. Same goes for the likes of Matuidi. These are summer signings only, if ever.

I've always liked Lassana Diara, he's skillful as well as being good defensively. Wouldn't be automatic first choice but would get plenty of games and I'm sure he would jump at the chance. If we could offload Garcia in the opposite direction or elsewhere it could almost pay for itself.

Some other names that would strengthen the squad in CM...

Alex Song. Can sit in front of the CBs and is a good passer.
Tiote, a beast in the tackle and looking back on form again.

NDJ would be an improvement over Garcia as well. Not getting many games for Milan tho I think I remember him being injured at some point. Might still be.

Anyone else think that signing Pirlo or Xabi Alonso would slow our play down massively if they replace an attacking midfielder or striker in the team?

Counter attacks are a key part of our game and I'm not sure if they would be as effective with Pirlo or Alonso in the team ahead of Navas/Nasri/Negredo.

Jordan CTID said:
Anyone else think that signing Pirlo or Xabi Alonso would slow our play down massively if they replace an attacking midfielder or striker in the team?

Counter attacks are a key part of our game and I'm not sure if they would be as effective with Pirlo or Alonso in the team ahead of Navas/Nasri/Negredo.

I see what you mean but Alonso was one of the key parts of Real's devastating counter attack style under Jose. Haven't watched them much this season.

I don't see either transfer happening anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.