Central midfielder in January?

Re: Central midfielder in January !!

ElanJo said:
Jordan CTID said:
Anyone else think that signing Pirlo or Xabi Alonso would slow our play down massively if they replace an attacking midfielder or striker in the team?

Counter attacks are a key part of our game and I'm not sure if they would be as effective with Pirlo or Alonso in the team ahead of Navas/Nasri/Negredo.

I see what you mean but Alonso was one of the key parts of Real's devastating counter attack style under Jose. Haven't watched them much this season.

I don't see either transfer happening anyway

Alonso's contract is up at the end of the season, and he looks likely not to renew, obviously Chelski and the Rags are linked to him.

ElanJo said:
Jordan CTID said:
Anyone else think that signing Pirlo or Xabi Alonso would slow our play down massively if they replace an attacking midfielder or striker in the team?

Counter attacks are a key part of our game and I'm not sure if they would be as effective with Pirlo or Alonso in the team ahead of Navas/Nasri/Negredo.

I see what you mean but Alonso was one of the key parts of Real's devastating counter attack style under Jose. Haven't watched them much this season.

Alonso is a master of first time passing so needn't slow the play down.

Tim of the Oak said:
ElanJo said:
Jordan CTID said:

Alonso is a master of first time passing so needn't slow the play down.

We should go for someone young like Pogba

Robin Bairner ‏@RBairner 18m
Major #Ligue1 players with expiring deals: Matuidi, Ochoa, Abidal, Carvalho, Djordjevic, Gomis, Briand, Landreau. #Bosman

Robin Bairner ‏@RBairner 16m
#Matuidi is a player #PSG must seek to tie down as quickly as possible. Few as energetic or consistent as him. Would be tough to replace.

Second the nod for Pogba but wages may be an issue though. The club has moved away from the huge wage structure.

Xabi would be a very good signing IMO. Brings needed leadership to the club along with being a terrific player.

Vidal would be first choice but he signed a long term extension. Though that hasn't always meant the player is off the market.

Are there any high end CH's we could realistically sign in January?

BringBackSwales said:
MihaiCity said:
Blue Haze said:
I would be delighted to sign any one of those five.

me too but if i have to chooise from these i think i will go for matuidi...then in the summer we can sell garcia and send rodwell on loan and spend the money at juve for pogba..a MD of yaya ferna matuidi and pogba my god

Yes the sooner we fuck off Silva and Nasri the better eh? FFS

are you drunk or what?? i say here about the defensive MD not about AM..next time read very well what you see

Today once agains howed just how much we need reinforcements in midfield.

Probably would mean Rodwell's days are numbered here.

NoahCity said:
Today once agains howed just how much we need reinforcements in midfield.

Yes. We took off Ferna to rest him and had no one to adequately replace him, so we went with 1 in central midfield. Garcia actually did alright but the difference between Ferna/Yaya and Garcia/Rodwell is truly frightening.

We are 1 injury away from disaster.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.