Centre back options

So, if we are still after a CB, why we didn't go for Bonucci then? Not sure but I think Evans will be a waste of time and money if just getting him as a short term solution. I would be more into getting someone who can play DM and fill as a CB once in a while, we also have Tosin. I don't want any ex Rags in a city shirt, no fecking way, it would feel too dirty
Bonucci wanted to stay in Italy due to his sons illness..

I don't know who the player is, to perfectly fit our cb position.

But put me on the same wages as our chief scout, or Pep, & I will find us ten options, at varying prices, better than Jonny Evans.

Here are the Football Manager results for a prem-experienced (>=27) left-footed (strong or greater) centre back:

Jan Vertonghen
Jonny Evans
Angelo Ogbonna
Papy Djilobodji
Marc Wilson
Ragnar Klavan
Adrian Mariappa
Miguel Britos
John Terry
Joleon Lescott
Damien Delaney
Jonas Olsson

:)

So Evans is actually the top HG find in that list. And the estimated cost according to my scout is 21.5m-28.5m pounds lol.

4j8jgo.png

Here's where all the scouting is done. FM17. Costs about £30 ;)

Evans is one hell of a gamble for £25m make no mistake about, it could well be a defining transfer this season if we pick up an injury to any one of our three CB's, he's paceless and slow on the turn, an accomplished passer he may be with experience but it smacks of being a here and now transfer, we have Kompany and Otimendi over the age of 29 so it's hardly for experience .

Next season we could well have three CB's over 30 instead of buying VVD or a younger CB than Evans who would be a genuine successor to either Oti or Vinny.

A baffling transfer if it comes off and it smacks of second rate all over again in the CB department, we spend whatever it takes it seems on wide players and attackers but neglect a position that the world and his wife can see needs sorting.

Let's hope Evans pulls a hamstring this weekend.

so west brom want at least £30m for evans and Alderweireld can leave spurs next sewason for £22m........so we not be offering spurs the £30-35 for him?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.