Centre back options

If City want a young back up defender who can play CB and LB should look at Sarr he did pretty good for Favre last year at Nice.

Stones isn't a lemon though. He's a defender both Mourinho and Guardiola were desperate to get, he's a player who showed his class plenty of times last season, and showed his inexperience and flaws often as well.

The fact you think he's a shit defender who we just have to blindly hope improves is beyond any rational analysis.
Yep fear if we give up on Stones so easily, who is still young, we will be wanting him back in a few years just like Boateng. He does lack composure at times and takes some unnecessary risks but that will improve.

If City want a young back up defender who can play CB and LB should look at Sarr he did pretty good for Favre last year at Nice.
Yup, interesting player. Lacks height and power though. But if it's true that we're going to buy Hernandez, Sarr would be eventually benched, has roughly the same characteristics. Would he want to become a backup at such age?

Yup, interesting player. Lacks height and power though. But if it's true that we're going to buy Hernandez, Sarr would be eventually benched, has roughly the same characteristics. Would he want to become a backup at such age?

I mean if City decide to buy this guy i wouldn't be so sure that they'd go after Hernanez anymore. because like you said they are kinda the same style of players.

Sarr is a very Pep player though he is excellent on the ball good positioning and nice pace.

Stones isn't a lemon though. He's a defender both Mourinho and Guardiola were desperate to get, he's a player who showed his class plenty of times last season, and showed his inexperience and flaws often as well.

The fact you think he's a shit defender who we just have to blindly hope improves is beyond any rational analysis.
We'll see. I hope you are right. I doubt it though.

I'd still like to see Mangala used as an option although it seems unlikely, he has all the tools to be a very good Premier League defender although I appreciate he's not in the typical Pep mould when you think of defenders.

Yep fear if we give up on Stones so easily, who is still young, we will be wanting him back in a few years just like Boateng. He does lack composure at times and takes some unnecessary risks but that will improve.

Totally agree. So many on here complain that we never give young players a chance then write off Stones, or call Mangala 'Mongola' etc. Can't have it both ways.

Why not just promote Humphreys, along with Tosin, and let Pep and his team shape him into the sort of CB they want?

Every time I have seen him play, youth level or senior squad (in friendlies, admittedly) he has looked like he has the potential to be very good.

I know some people still insist on slating Stones, but you can't seriously think that's even remotely possible?
Seems ridiculous to buy young players, have them for a season and write them off. Stones will be top notch given the time and coached properly. Can't win at times, we either promote from within, buy them young and improve them or buy the finished article, most of the latter either aren't available at any price or are massively overpriced and are on the wane

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.