Centre back options

This is bang in line with our defensive signings so far, and could possibly be a reason why Otamendi has been linked with a move away? Walker, Danilo & Mendy all have height on their side so clearly that's something we're looking at.
We were looking at him earlier on in the season. He was considered an option as an alternative to Laporte but we held fire and went with Stones. We like what we see with him but a few of Pep's targets changed due to a realisation that there are more long ball duels in the PL.

Martinez has been touted for a few years now by the Spanish press and had Asier Illarramendi's move away from Soceidad gone well a few seasons ago, Martinez would have probably ended up at a bigger club.

Good player but don't see him as being a great fit in England.

Kevin Vogt - Hoffenheim - 25 years old - 6'4 - Fast, plays CB and CDM, so good on the ball too(long ball accuracy of over 70%, which is an insane number)
I would have liked us to have gone in for Sule. There's a lot of bargains to be had in Germany. Great young players are scattered around the league. It's a market we should 've deeply invested in. Dahoud has gone from Gladbach for absolute peanuts.

Would we not need to sell first currently got
KOMPANY
STONES
MANGALA
OTTAMENDI
TOSIN
Denayer
for 2 places

no inigo martinez please. City need tall and strong CB.
we will suffer if Kompany get injured again.

Would we not need to sell first currently got
KOMPANY
STONES
MANGALA
OTTAMENDI
TOSIN
Denayer
for 2 places

I expect Tosin will go out on loan, he needs much more game time than we will be able to give him this season. Last year Pep agreed to let Denayer and Mangala go out on loan, prefering to convert Kolarov into a centre back rather than utilising them. Unless they've significantly improved over the last 12 months it seems unlikely that their situation will have changed.

Can Martinez cover the left back area? I think whoever we sign needs to be capable of playing both CB and LB, perfect choice would be Alaba, but it's nigh on impossible to prise him from Bayern.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.