Centre-back

Issue is not just about injury cover for me. We are playing a different style of play with defence pushing up. Our defence has been great at being deep lying but not sure how CBs will cope with more balls in behind and having to chase back. Holding the line, stepping up as a unit, pace to get back etc. much as I like Lescott, these are not his or Garcias best attributes. Nasty is not the fastest either. We need a different style of CB.

MadchesterCity said:
Lhasa Rekik gone out on loan?

Yep
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=286959" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=286959</a>

mdj0520 said:
I wouldn't mind getting an older Vieira type signing in for cover, someone who will bring a wealth of experience, can still perform in the league and in Europe, but in his twilight years wont mind being on the bench every now and again.

Lescott is more than capable cover in the league, and for certain games is a better choice to partner Kompany than Nasty.

Richards can do a job also. And before everyone starts banging on about his positional sense, I'll go ahead and remind everyone that our first clean sheet of the season last year was Sunderland at home with Richards partnering Lescott at CB.

If we bring in someone like Pepe, who will demand first team football, it will stifle Nasty's progress. Plus he's a twat.

Do I have a suggestion, no. i'd need to have a think... but I'm also not a premier league manager so my opinion is shite anyway. no need for any flapping from anyone though.
That's exactly what I think we need. Who that is I don't know. Someone like Walter Samuel from Inter.

So a cheap, experienced, mobile centre back capable of playing a high line hmm. Maybe someone like Kolo Toure? Ah, oops.

Jnr Kisby said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAvChkfpY4A[/youtube]
He'll be behind Lescott in the queue.

If Nasty is 6 weeks away, we don't need a defender as cover

Experience maybe an issue in the Champions League, I don't think quality is an issue. There are very few top quality defenders available who have Champions League experience because by definition they are at the top clubs and therefore not available

Pepe looked briefly like an exception. A few years ago, Lucio moved on a free. If someone of that calibre became available, then we should look at it, otherwise no

The only area I think we should be looking at is left back. If Kolarov wants out, and Juve offer us a decent fee, then I'd accept and get Baines even if he is old. Navas on one side, and Baines on the other, Negredo and Dzeko would be in heaven

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.