Centre-back

Lomas has a lob on said:
I was told by two Liverpool fans last night that were are interested in Skrtel again!

Don't know how true that is.

Wasn't it Agger we were interested in previously? Skrtel would be a really solid signing though, very low risk and would definitely do a job for us. Would he choose us over a guaranteed start for Rafa at Napoli though?

I suggested the same thing the other day because it seemed that a lot of our targets mention that we don't give up transfer window after window. I'd imagine it's just a journalist supposing the same thing. :-)

We don't really need another left footed centre back unless we are going to sell Lescott.

Skrtel would be a decent back up for Kompany. He would provide that physicality we seem to lack when Vinny is out.

Unless Skrtel is cheap it seems like a waste to pay for him to sit on the bench.

You can get a good deal if you look outside the PL, like when Spurs got Vertonghen. I wouldn't mind buying someone who can improve but is already decent like Alderweireld.

Blue Haze said:
Seems quiet on this front. Maybe we're not doing anything at all.

Getting slightly concerned but I think we will get one. Should have been our first signing so I hope we haven't put all our eggs in the Pepe basket.

Sure we have cover, lots of players could have a crack, but that won't win us anything.

The puzzle is whether we wait for the right player or gamble....could get a Savic or could get a Nastasic!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.