Centre-back

LoveCity said:
FredTilson said:
Toby Alderweireld would make a good signing, he is very mobile and comfortable on the ball. Vinny needs to make a call.

The player Atletico are looking to sign to replace City bound Demichelis with.

But some would argue that he is better than Demichelis. And certainly is better value. Why not go for Toby?

BlueCityfan said:
LoveCity said:
FredTilson said:
Toby Alderweireld would make a good signing, he is very mobile and comfortable on the ball. Vinny needs to make a call.

But some would argue that he is better than Demichelis. And certainly is better value. Why not go for Toby?

I think experience is something that has been specifically targeted by City for whichever defender we'll sign. Nearly every target is 27+ including our #1 target Pepe. And it was clear yesterday leadership is a trait sorely lacking in our defence when Kompany is injured (and he gets injured a hell of a lot). Lescott at his age should have far better organisational and leadership skills but is just a follower who looks half the player without Vinny by his side.

Vienna_70 said:
Do we need another?

We have Kompany, Lescott, Nastasić, Garcia and Richards, who can all give a top quality performance, and if we get desperate, there's always YaYa, Zabaleta and Clichy.

I reckon we are extremely well covered at centre-back and buying another would be an unnecessary waste, IMHO.

and now?

Blueboy73 said:
Where did you hear that Noah, any links?
my point is is that if Atletico are bidding for the guy from Ajax then that means we may have got Demichelis. I think people missed the point of that comment, we aren't in for the Ajax guy but if Atletico are trying to get it than that means that we have probably got Demichelis.

LoveCity said:
BlueCityfan said:
LoveCity said:

I think experience is something that has been specifically targeted by City for whichever defender we'll sign. Nearly every target is 27+ including our #1 target Pepe. And it was clear yesterday leadership is a trait sorely lacking in our defence when Kompany is injured (and he gets injured a hell of a lot). Lescott at his age should have far better organisational and leadership skills but is just a follower who looks half the player without Vinny by his side.

I understand. But Demichelis is almost 33. More experienced yes but could be risky. It's not like that Ajax defender lacks experience. CL experience and 100+ game with Ajax, 20+ caps with Belgium too so should know Vinny as well. Just saying that he wouldn't necessary be a worse option short term. But would certainly be better long term.

BlueCityfan said:
LoveCity said:
FredTilson said:

Toby would expect to play regularly and he isn't better than Vinnie or Nastasic. Demichelis has CL and World Cup experience, has played under Pelle at Malaga and is 32 so can be reasoned to to sit on the bench for a few games, but come in in key CL games or even sit in as a DM which he's done before in big away games to shore up the midfield.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
BlueCityfan said:
LoveCity said:

Toby would expect to play regularly and he isn't better than Vinnie or Nastasic. Demichelis has CL and World Cup experience, has played under Pelle at Malaga and is 32 so can be reasoned to to sit on the bench for a few games, but come in in key CL games or even sit in as a DM which he's done before in big away games to shore up the midfield.

Bang on, although Mr Toby's class.

Kun Aguero said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
BlueCityfan said:

Bang on, although Mr Toby's class.

not disagreeing but Vinnie and Nasty will become the best CB partnership in Europe in a couple of years imo.

Signing Demichallis (spelling) is never going to excite many, but after yesterday a player of his experience is a must.

Sign him up and start him against Hull straight form the off. Hopefully Nastasic will be fit as well.

Strange how this one oversight could bollox up our whole season. We just can't get the hang of it. I assume we let Kolo go due to his high wages?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.