Centre-back

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Kun Aguero said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Toby would expect to play regularly and he isn't better than Vinnie or Nastasic. Demichelis has CL and World Cup experience, has played under Pelle at Malaga and is 32 so can be reasoned to to sit on the bench for a few games, but come in in key CL games or even sit in as a DM which he's done before in big away games to shore up the midfield.

Bang on, although Mr Toby's class.

not disagreeing but Vinnie and Nasty will become the best CB partnership in Europe in a couple of years imo.

To be honest, i'm getting really worried about Kompany's injuries. This injury is starting to crop up a bit too regularly now.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Kun Aguero said:

not disagreeing but Vinnie and Nasty will become the best CB partnership in Europe in a couple of years imo.

To be honest, i'm getting really worried about Kompany's injuries. This injury is starting to crop up a bit too regularly now.
I think he missed quite a bit of time with his previous clubs too.

What is for sure is that we need another top notch central defender, to cover injuries and for rotation.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Kun Aguero said:

Which is why i think we could do with another top CB. Even someone who wants regular game time. Toby would get a lot of games IMO. Demichelis is almost 33, not sure his fitness would be up for it if Vinny continues to be out for long periods. Don't understand why the defender would necessarily have to be 30+ years old. A top defender in his mid twenties would be perfectly fine.

Our central defence (which is one of the most important positions in the team), is so thin compared to United for example. Even smaller when you consider that our 3rd choice (Lescott) and second choice (Nastasic) can't even play together.

BlueCityfan said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Which is why i think we could do with another top CB. Toby would get a lot of games IMO. Demichelis is almost 33, not sure his fitness would be up for it if Vinny continues to be out for long periods Don't understand why the defender would necessarily have to be 30+ years old. A top defender in his mid twenties would be perfectly fine.

I have to agree, we should be looking at the next generation. Being understudy to Kompany would be no bad thing and they would get game time.

jonmcity said:
BlueCityfan said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:

Which is why i think we could do with another top CB. Toby would get a lot of games IMO. Demichelis is almost 33, not sure his fitness would be up for it if Vinny continues to be out for long periods Don't understand why the defender would necessarily have to be 30+ years old. A top defender in his mid twenties would be perfectly fine.

I have to agree, we should be looking at the next generation. Being understudy to Kompany would be no bad thing and they would get game time.

they wouldn't get played if Vinnie's fit, that's the problem. If Vinnie stays fit then he plays every game, so it needs someone with ability who's patient to be prepared to sit out most games for the hope of a month in the team. You limit your pool of targets with that requirement.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
jonmcity said:
BlueCityfan said:

they wouldn't get played if Vinnie's fit, that's the problem. If Vinnie stays fit then he plays every game, so it needs someone with ability who's patient to be prepared to sit out most games for the hope of a month in the team. You limit your pool of targets with that requirement.

I'll put this again:

Our central defence (which is one of the most important positions in the team), is so thin compared to United for example. Even smaller when you consider that our 3rd choice (Lescott) and second choice (Nastasic) can't even play together.

Agree that Vinny plays when he is fit. But we can't count on that he is. + Whoever comes in, should not only be able to replace Vinny, but also play with him. Other teams with better defensive depth manage to keep them happy. We need defenders who are capable of playing with each other...(see above). Which is one of the reasons i think Lescott will go next summer.

posted off main site

Matija Nastasić Ankle 25th August 2013
Vincent Kompany Groin 31st August 2013
Micah Richards Hamstring No return date
Stevan Jovetić Knock 25th August 2013

BlueCityfan said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
jonmcity said:

I'll put this again:

Agree that Vinny plays when he is fit. But we can't count on that he is. + Whoever comes in, should not only be able to replace Vinny, but also play with him. Other teams with better defensive depth manage to keep them happy. We need defenders who are capable of playing with each other...(see above). Which is one of the reasons i think Lescott will go next summer.

Yeah but you can't predict when Vinnie will be out, which is why a young international like Toby would be reluctant to come here. At United Jones has to play wherever he can fit in and rarely at CB and Smalling more often than not at RB, so it's not the same as us who have 2 full backs and a full quota of midfielders.

Lescott doesn't match our blue print for CB so will go but I think the club will hope Rekik will step up. The club wanted Pepe but the injury to Varane put pay to that I think, Demichelis suits us for a lot of reasons and it may only be a 1 year or 2 year deal, but it suits till we find a CB or a target comes available that we're prepared to put a 4/5 year investment in. Perhaps we just need that one good CL run that the experience of Demichelis can contribute to to be able to convince a top target to come in, I don't know but I do think Demichelis makes sense for this season.

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
posted off main site

Matija Nastasić Ankle 25th August 2013
Vincent Kompany Groin 31st August 2013
Micah Richards Hamstring No return date
Stevan Jovetić Knock 25th August 2013

If vinnie is that near then i bet belgium call him up for their w/c qualifier,hope we say no

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.