Centre-back

We need a centre back that can play whatever style MP wants - if he wantrs to play a high line then he needs to get a CB who has the ability to make good defensive recovery runs for the ball over the top

It fe wants to play a much deeper defensive line then there are probably more options availble

For me i would spend bif on a centre half and after what we have seen i doint think MP has little option - a half arsed squad CB wont cut it - if Cardiff can exploit our weaknesses then Rag, Chelski and others will have a field day

dctid said:
We need a centre back that can play whatever style MP wants - if he wantrs to play a high line then he needs to get a CB who has the ability to make good defensive recovery runs for the ball over the top

It fe wants to play a much deeper defensive line then there are probably more options availble

For me i would spend bif on a centre half and after what we have seen i doint think MP has little option - a half arsed squad CB wont cut it - if Cardiff can exploit our weaknesses then Rag, Chelski and others will have a field day

I totally agree, looking at the type of defender we are likely to need, we will probably have to spend quite a lot and get a defender to go straight in there as first choice alongside VK. Will obviously mean Nastasic having to accept less games when everyone is fit but that's the way it goes. If we do go out and get in a defender to occupy 3rd/4th choice role then I don't see how we are going to overcome the two glaring issues which are that as soon as Kompany is out we have a terrible lack of leadership and pace at the back.

I'm no cynic said:
karen7 said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Do we have the right to say no? Won't his contract give Belgium the right to decide if he's fit or not?

Not sure if we can actually stop him going to be looked at but we can try to persuade them,i hope

They played him last season when he was out injured for City, and Mancini wasn't best pleased, so I guess that if Belgium select him, he plays no matter what we say. All wrong of course as it's City that pays his wages.

They have called him up but he will not be playing

Just a thought... maybe we are having to wait for the champions league play offs as team with players (psv- toby alderweireld) or teams chasing players (ac milan - sakho) are involved and if they dont win these players could be available...

RobertBlue said:
Just a thought... maybe we are having to wait for the champions league play offs as team with players (psv- toby alderweireld) or teams chasing players (ac milan - sakho) are involved and if they dont win these players could be available...

I dun we were ever linked with those players though. Not saying papers are always right but when there's smoke....

JoeMercer'sWay said:
RobertBlue said:
Just a thought... maybe we are having to wait for the champions league play offs as team with psvtoby aldrweireld) or teams chasing players (ac milan - sakho) are involved and if they dont win these players could be available...

alderweireld plays for Ajax.
My bad! Im just living in hope that we ve been waiting and missed out signing a player after the cardiff game for a good reason... hopefully real sociedad will qualify and sign javi garcia with the money they make!

I'm not to sure if anyone else has mentioned this guy but Salvatore Bocchetti he seems like he has had a decent season this year but my second would be Martin skrtel with the likes of martin kelly back from injury who can play as a centre back i could certainly seem them getting rid of skrtel.

Lancet Fluke said:
dctid said:

I totally agree, looking at the type of defender we are likely to need, we will probably have to spend quite a lot and get a defender to go straight in there as first choice alongside VK. Will obviously mean Nastasic having to accept less games when everyone is fit but that's the way it goes. If we do go out and get in a defender to occupy 3rd/4th choice role then I don't see how we are going to overcome the two glaring issues which are that as soon as Kompany is out we have a terrible lack of leadership and pace at the back.

And also ability to defend set pieces

Lancet Fluke said:
dctid said:

Who is available that fits that bill?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.