Centre-back

If we bought Pepe, I'd worry about what we're doing to the average age our our squad. With FFP, it's much wiser to spend your money on players that will have a resale value.

Tricky_Trev said:
If we bought Pepe, I'd worry about what we're doing to the average age our our squad. With FFP, it's much wiser to spend your money on players that will have a resale value.

for sure

i am wondering if we are now waiting for the world cup to stat before showing or hand, the reality is that the transfer fees being quoted for the guys identified is unlikely to increase any further by waiting.

There are good reasons to hold off for the moment,

We could spend £30 million on a player now who then gets a serious injury in Brazil.
We will be paying wages now for a player we can not use, if we had signed 3 players now all on £100k a week then that is a one and a half million over 5 weeks.
There may be a hidden diamond that shines in the world cup who might catch our eye.
We may be waiting on others making a move before committing ourselves.

abu13 said:
i am wondering if we are now waiting for the world cup to stat before showing or hand, the reality is that the transfer fees being quoted for the guys identified is unlikely to increase any further by waiting.

[1]We could spend £30 million on a player now who then gets a serious injury in Brazil.
[2]We will be paying wages now for a player we can not use, if we had signed 3 players now all on £100k a week then that is a one and a half million over 5 weeks.
[3]There may be a hidden diamond that shines in the world cup who might catch our eye.
[4]We may be waiting on others making a move before committing ourselves.
[1]This is so.
[2]This is so.
[3]Possibly, but will be an 'young upstart' if any and will not be ready for our league as yet.
[4]We know who we want and will not be sidetracked by what others are doing. I'm sure our management team are focused on our own clubs development rather than worrying over what others are doing or not doing.

I'm no cynic said:
abu13 said:

[1]We could spend £30 million on a player now who then gets a serious injury in Brazil.
[2]We will be paying wages now for a player we can not use, if we had signed 3 players now all on £100k a week then that is a one and a half million over 5 weeks.
[3]There may be a hidden diamond that shines in the world cup who might catch our eye.
[4]We may be waiting on others making a move before committing ourselves.
[1]This is so.
[2]This is so.
[3]Possibly, but will be an 'young upstart' if any and will not be ready for our league as yet.
[4]We know who we want and will not be sidetracked by what others are doing. I'm sure our management team are focused on our own clubs development rather than worrying over what others are doing or not doing.

I agree completely, i was thinking more that we may want certain buyers of our players to commit before we start to buy given the restriction with FFP.

We need to free up squad places and wages for the players coming in, it is easier to negotiate when we havent shown our hand

Re: Centre-Back 3rd option

Davs 19 said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
nktakm said:
Nastasic

sorted.

I assume you didnt watch him regularly in the high line system we play?

Nobody watched him 'regularly' last season. He made 13 appearances and spent the majority of the season injured and he wasn't the only player to struggle.
Give that man a hurmph. Well said.

Nastasic is a cracking player who is still very young. I see no mad rush to get another cb, unless we are worried he will still be struggling with injuries.

Re: Centre-Back 3rd option

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
nktakm said:
Nastasic

sorted.

I assume you didnt watch him regularly in the high line system we play?

I agree.....both Nastasic and Demichelis are very solid "system players" In the right formation they both can do well........but will always struggle with the way Pellegrini wants to play...Nastasic isn't comfortable enough on the ball and this will be a major issue as Pellegrini like to play football from the back and Demichelle will always put pressure on Kompany as he is too slow when covering.....in a one on one with a quicker striker, both Demichelis and Natasic can struggle.........if you don't have the right personnel, cracks are going to show......CB is the biggest need by far on this team.... imho!

Clear as day they are conspiring to undermine our targets. Barca, Madrid, PSG, Chelski and even the Swampies take turns to sabotage our bids.
Thick as thieves all of them - UEFA are very pleased with their handiwork.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.