Centre-back

Der Bomber said:
Daz_Blue said:
Rekik said if we signed another center back he would want a move .....

Getting him and a fit Nastastic to go with Kompany and MDM is surely enough ......we can use the money elsewhere like a left winger

I agree with this - unless there is something wrong with Nasty that we are unaware of, I would rather take a shot at getting him back into the team that blowing the whole net-spend allocation this year on a CB. With the latter, you either overspend for an older guy (i.e. Pepe) or overspend for a prospect who may not even be as good as Nasty (i.e. Mangala.)

Benatia every day of the week - and I would not rule that out. Roma will get to the point where getting 30 mil for him is a better proposition than getting nothing and we might be able to snatch him yet. Just need to be patient.

Seems like this is a pretty deep position for us at the EDS level, and maybe that is a facotr in looking at Pepe or someone like that as a shorter-term expedient.
the problem is that Rekik and Nasty are both irredeemably left-sided

George Hannah said:
Der Bomber said:
Daz_Blue said:
Rekik said if we signed another center back he would want a move .....

Getting him and a fit Nastastic to go with Kompany and MDM is surely enough ......we can use the money elsewhere like a left winger

I agree with this - unless there is something wrong with Nasty that we are unaware of, I would rather take a shot at getting him back into the team that blowing the whole net-spend allocation this year on a CB. With the latter, you either overspend for an older guy (i.e. Pepe) or overspend for a prospect who may not even be as good as Nasty (i.e. Mangala.)

Benatia every day of the week - and I would not rule that out. Roma will get to the point where getting 30 mil for him is a better proposition than getting nothing and we might be able to snatch him yet. Just need to be patient.

Seems like this is a pretty deep position for us at the EDS level, and maybe that is a facotr in looking at Pepe or someone like that as a shorter-term expedient.
the problem is that Rekik and Nasty are both irredeemably left-sided

And we have no need for a left-sided centre defender at all.

Re: Centre-Back 3rd option

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
nktakm said:
Nastasic

sorted.

I assume you didnt watch him regularly in the high line system we play?

I agree.....both Nastasic and Demichelis are very solid "system players" In the right formation they both can do well........but will always struggle with the way Pellegrini wants to play...Nastasic isn't comfortable enough on the ball and this will be a major issue as Pellegrini like to play football from the back and Demichelle will always put pressure on Kompany as he is too slow when covering.....in a one on one with a quicker striker, both Demichelis and Natasic can struggle.........if you don't have the right personnel, cracks are going to show......CB is the biggest need by far on this team.... imho!
I think one of nastasics strong points is that he is comfortable on the ball but I agree with most of what you said

Nastasic could develop into a world beater one day but at this moment in time he looks a small fish in a big pond against really elite teams and that is why we are looking for a defender.

Davs 19 said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
nktakm said:
Nastasic

sorted.

I assume you didnt watch him regularly in the high line system we play?

Nobody watched him 'regularly' last season. He made 13 appearances and spent the majority of the season injured and he wasn't the only player to struggle.

So you've admitted that he struggled, a very good player in the right system. He doesn't suit a high line.

I'm pretty sure we'll get someone in, but if we won't get drawn into paying stupid money, then it wouldn't be the end of the world. Demichelis finished the season really well. Richards is a big unknown, but we have Nasty and possibly Rekik as back up. Maybe this is exactly what the latter 2 need to step up to the next level.

BlueSiam said:
I'm pretty sure we'll get someone in, but if we won't get drawn into paying stupid money, then it wouldn't be the end of the world. Demichelis finished the season really well. Richards is a big unknown, but we have Nasty and possibly Rekik as back up. Maybe this is exactly what the latter 2 need to step up to the next level.

It might not be the end of the world but the last 8 of the Champs league would probably be the end of our seasons assault.

And that's resting on the fact Vinny and Martin stay fit.

We need a player and we will get one.

LOL, I'm sure Bayern, Real and Barca would fear a Demichelis/Nastasic combo if Kompany tweaks one of his dodgy hamstrings.

99.999999% sure we'll sign a defender this summer. It's the number one priority of the club and for good reason. If not Mangala or Benatia, there will be other options.

LoveCity said:
LOL, I'm sure Bayern, Real and Barca would fear a Demichelis/Nastasic combo if Kompany tweaks one of his dodgy hamstrings.

99.999999% sure we'll sign a defender this summer. It's the number one priority of the club and for good reason. If not Mangala or Benatia, there will be other options.

I agree. Though i have full respect for Nastasic and Demi's ability ofc.

i don't think kompany/mdm/nastisic/rekik would be the end of the world. It'd be good enough to get us out of CL group,and keep us close in the league. IF it did struggle though there'd be time to salvage it in January. For me if it were a new CB or fabregas id go with cesc. We can overpay for a defender anytime, but is someone of cesc's quality available at that price every window?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.