Centre-back

If the reported Chelsea trying to spike our transfer dealings the way to stop that is for the club to use the scattergun approach by leaking information we are after several players Chelsea will not be able to cover all bases and we get the one we actually want.

SebastianBlue said:
George Hannah said:
Der Bomber said:
I agree with this - unless there is something wrong with Nasty that we are unaware of, I would rather take a shot at getting him back into the team that blowing the whole net-spend allocation this year on a CB. With the latter, you either overspend for an older guy (i.e. Pepe) or overspend for a prospect who may not even be as good as Nasty (i.e. Mangala.)

Benatia every day of the week - and I would not rule that out. Roma will get to the point where getting 30 mil for him is a better proposition than getting nothing and we might be able to snatch him yet. Just need to be patient.

Seems like this is a pretty deep position for us at the EDS level, and maybe that is a facotr in looking at Pepe or someone like that as a shorter-term expedient.
the problem is that Rekik and Nasty are both irredeemably left-sided

And we have no need for a left-sided centre defender at all.
If we are to rate Benatia as the man for us, is it not feasible to offer Roma Nastasic in a part-exchange deal? He was a fine prospect in Italy two years ago and was many fans choice as our best summer signing of two years back, but injuries aside, I get the feeling that Pellegrini doesn't really rate him for the system he wants, and a deal like this could solve a few problems, not least of which is FFP.

I'm no cynic said:
SebastianBlue said:
George Hannah said:
the problem is that Rekik and Nasty are both irredeemably left-sided

And we have no need for a left-sided centre defender at all.
If we are to rate Benatia as the man for us, is it not feasible to offer Roma Nastasic in a part-exchange deal? He was a fine prospect in Italy two years ago and was many fans choice as our best summer signing of two years back, but injuries aside, I get the feeling that Pellegrini doesn't really rate him for the system he wants, and a deal like this could solve a few problems, not least of which is FFP.

How much do we value Nastasic? Its should be above 15 million as we paid 12 million + Savic for him, and I think Savic cost us 7 million.

I also read 3 or 4 months ago that Mancini wanted to bring him to Galatasaray. How rich are they? If they can afford, why not sell him rather than under value him in a player exchange.

You don't simply trade off a talent like Nastasic, who we got in a player + cash deal in the first place (so it would be pretty silly to do the same deal with him as the expendable asset after just 2 seasons). He was considered one of Europe's top young defenders in his first season and will compete for a spot even if/when we sign a top defender. We really need to get out of the mindset of flogging players when they suddenly lose form or have injury problems. Nastasic is a great talent who deserves more time to adjust to Pellegrini's system and is years away from his prime.

Kompany/new signing/Nastasic/Demichelis finally gives us great defensive depth, just like Fernando will give us great midfield depth. Despite our success, the squad has been pretty unbalanced in places in recent years and we're finally dealing with that so don't need to go flogging one of just two regulars under the age of 25 in our first team squad.

All we need to do is sell the non-contributors like Richards and Sinclair and we should have over £50m to commit to a defender and goalkeeper.

Re: Centre-Back 3rd option

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Davs 19 said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
I assume you didnt watch him regularly in the high line system we play?

Nobody watched him 'regularly' last season. He made 13 appearances and spent the majority of the season injured and he wasn't the only player to struggle.

So you've admitted that he struggled, a very good player in the right system. He doesn't suit a high line.

As did most of the team in the first few games. If you've been watching 'regularly', I'm sure you've noticed our 'high line' is a good few yards further back compared to the start of the season. Nasty's injuries and our need for a quick fix stopped us finding out whether he could adapt.

I have no idea why some people think this is a forum to try and prove how right they are and how wrong others are.

Hey ho :)

Not to mention that Nastasic will qualify for the B-list in next seasons CL squad which is an immense help because of the squad restrictions. It baffles me that in a squad were most players are in their prime age (26-31), some people would be ready to trade one of the clubs most promising young prospects to make the squad even older.

Any chance we can merge the threads please Mods so as we're not having two conversations and hopefully no dimwit will make another..... ta
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=302423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=302423</a>

FantasyIreland said:
Any chance we can merge the threads please Mods so as we're not having two conversations and hopefully no dimwit will make another..... ta
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=302423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=302423</a>
could we have a thread purely for this poster's suggestions?

BlueCityfan said:
Not to mention that Nastasic will qualify for the B-list in next seasons CL squad which is an immense help because of the squad restrictions. It baffles me that in a squad were most players are in their prime age (26-31), some people would be ready to trade one of the clubs most promising young prospects to make the squad even older.

What we cant forget in all this, is that we have a new manager and a new system........what was a good fit for past managers doesn't mean he will be a good fit for this one.....I agree, we cant give up on Nastasic but I do believe he isnt the best fit for us and we should only be looking at him as a backup this season....

George Hannah said:
FantasyIreland said:
could we have a thread purely for this poster's suggestions?

Talking of dimwits,evening;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.