Centre-back

No to any deal involving Nastasic he is one of the best young cb's in the world who has had a poor season due to injuries! Our line isn't as high as it was at the start of the season so he could fit better now. To use Nastasic as a make weight for a deal is madness benatia and mangala are worth 50 million based on one good season (if benatia was that good why was his name not mentioned when we were looking for a cb last year or the year before when we were search for a cb) and both are older then Nastasic!

If we look at our central defenders a year ago, we had Kompany, Nastasic, and Lescott. Kompany needs not to be discussed. Demichelis was brought in to cover Kompany and for the years left for Rekik to continue his development. I doubt even Pellegrini thought Demichelis would end up partnering Kompany. I doubt, however good Demichelis did in the last few months, Pellegrini sees him the ideal partner of Kompany, more a back up to the latter.

Lescott was, despite decent performances and a professional attitude, was the weak link and needed to be replaced. Mancini saw it, Pellegrini saw it, and Txiki must have seen it as well. Lescott has been allowed to leave and I think it's a good descision for club and player.

Nastasic was brilliant in his 1st season. An absolute talent at such a young age. Unfortunately he was injured nearly the whol of last season. But as Pellegrini wants two men for every position, he will look for a central defender to add. And to add to the left CB-position.

The easy option would be to bring back Rekik, but to be fair the lad is not ready to step in to the PL yet. He played a lot at PSV, and has improved. Rekik was close to being included in the Dutch national team for Brasil due to a poor choice of players in the Dutch defence. But it needs more to be a regular starter and imo the lad needs to play football and not warming the bench. I hope he will be loaned to a PL-club and the next and final step.

I think the plan is to bring in a central defender who can play left CB and is ready to step in from the off i.e. challenging Nastasic for the spot. Unless the plan is to rotate both players like Pellegrini is doing with Clichy and Kolarov (and tends to do so with Zabaleta and probabaly Sagna). Mangala, and Benatia to me seems the ones that can fit in straight away.

George Hannah said:
Mr Brennan thinks Mangala is playing a waiting game but so are we I suppose. Don't want to sign somebody only to watch them get permacrocked in the WC, probably applies to Sagna too.

I am pretty sure that Richards30 posted that he had a first rate source at the club who had told him that Mangala was clearly told that he would have to decide by last Friday or our offer was completely off the table?

dachoosen1 said:
No to any deal involving Nastasic he is one of the best young cb's in the world who has had a poor season due to injuries! Our line isn't as high as it was at the start of the season so he could fit better now. To use Nastasic as a make weight for a deal is madness benatia and mangala are worth 50 million based on one good season (if benatia was that good why was his name not mentioned when we were looking for a cb last year or the year before when we were search for a cb) and both are older then Nastasic!

I completely agree with this. Nastasic was outstanding the season before last, and last season he hardly played due to injuries. Would be seriously daft to ship him out

I think Mangala would be a big mistake. I'd love us to sign Benatia, Garay or Godin to partner Kompany. Even Pepe would be less risky than Mangala. I disagree with a lot on here waxing lyrical over Nastasic's 12/13 season and I don't think he suits Pellegrini's style at all. I think Rekik will be a significantly better player and should be given the nod, therefore allowing Nastasic to be used as a makeweight in a deal for one of the names mentioned above.

Have you actually watched Rekik play? I watch the Eredivisie regularly and he's nowhere near good enough to start for us. Great traits in terms of speed etc. but positioning, decision making etc. is very raw. Best to loan him out another year, hopefully to a CL team. He may eventually become a world class CB but he isn't at the moment.

BringBackSwales said:
George Hannah said:
Mr Brennan thinks Mangala is playing a waiting game but so are we I suppose. Don't want to sign somebody only to watch them get permacrocked in the WC, probably applies to Sagna too.

I am pretty sure that Richards30 posted that he had a first rate source at the club who had told him that Mangala was clearly told that he would have to decide by last Friday or our offer was completely off the table?

That was what was said to me boys. Trust me not here to fuck any blues around or bullshit. Info came from a top blue who works with brian marwood. The majority of our targets were already known but mangala seems to be pissing city around which has not gone down well considering we are the champions again and becoming such a force! Not wanting anyone in trouble (including brian! Lol) manuel wants us to give mangala time to think while tixiki wants to move on to other targets. Only passing on what was mentioned as weeks ago as the feeling was all was pretty much agreed with porto for a double deal and now mangala seems hesitant?! Like I say only passing on what I was told but the lad is a lifelong blue and good lad.

richards30 said:
BringBackSwales said:
George Hannah said:

That was what was said to me boys. Trust me not here to fuck any blues around or bullshit. Info came from a top blue who works with brian marwood. The majority of our targets were already known but mangala seems to be pissing city around which has not gone down well considering we are the champions again and becoming such a force! Not wanting anyone in trouble (including brian! Lol) manuel wants us to give mangala time to think while tixiki wants to move on to other targets. Only passing on what was mentioned as weeks ago as the feeling was all was pretty much agreed with porto for a double deal and now mangala seems hesitant?! Like I say only passing on what I was told but the lad is a lifelong blue and good lad.

Getting more immature players is not Manuels way to go. We all know this club doesn't take the egos anymore, that why we sold Tevez and Ballo. If Mangala wants to piss us off he can stay or even move to a more suited club like Chelsea.

Though i thought the same as you said, that we have a dubble-deal with Porto. I think Mangala will be the guy who get in the end but i do not approve of his behavior as the media displays it. Do not trust anything but his own words.

I'm of the opinion we will pass on Mangala. It's all the hallmarks of the Hazard and Cavani deals. City agree fees and wages typically and then leave to player to finish the deal their end. If kept waiting we move on.

I can see us getting Benatia and losing Kolarov or Nastasic as part of deal. World class CBs are a premium and Barca, United, Bayern, Chelsea, Liverpool and is are all on the look out for a top addition. Roma have a great player, long contract and many admirers, if we buy we will pay through the nose. Just like if we sold one of our top players.

NipHolmes said:
I'm of the opinion we will pass on Mangala. It's all the hallmarks of the Hazard and Cavani deals. City agree fees and wages typically and then leave to player to finish the deal their end. If kept waiting we move on.

I can see us getting Benatia and losing Kolarov or Nastasic as part of deal. World class CBs are a premium and Barca, United, Bayern, Chelsea, Liverpool and is are all on the look out for a top addition. Roma have a great player, long contract and many admirers, if we buy we will pay through the nose. Just like if we sold one of our top players.

I can see Nasty being apart of the deal and we move up Rekik. Kolarov though is not leaving this summer, he is too important and has a huge price tag after the season he had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.