Centre-back

kun said:
FantasyIreland said:
Rekik's recall is a tad odd given he will have at least two,maybe three,or more..... players in front of him already? So are we now not signing the top quality we need or does the boss just want to get an initial,close up look at the lad before then deciding his immediate future?
He hasn't been recalled, his loan finished at the end of the season. We are just deciding on whether another loan would be beneficial or if we need him next season.

Apologies,i meant recall as in 'not currently being considered for loan'

FantasyIreland said:
Rekik's recall is a tad odd given he will have at least two,maybe three,or more..... players in front of him already? So are we now not signing the top quality we need or does the boss just want to get an initial,close up look at the lad before then deciding his immediate future?

I was thinking the same thing...Rekik was been reported to say if we cant give him 20 games this season, he wont return to City, so it will be interesting to see how this situation works out......Hopefully this would not stop us signing a top quality CB but sounds like Rekik is only willing to play in a city shirt if we don't bring anyone else in......

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
FantasyIreland said:

I was thinking the same thing...Rekik was been reported to say if we cant give him 20 games this season, he wont return to City, so it will be interesting to see how this situation works out......Hopefully this would not stop us signing a top quality CB but sounds like Rekik is only willing to play in a city shirt if we don't bring anyone else in......

He's our player so he can do what we tell him to.

Of course he needs to be playing but I would like us to at least check him out in some pre season games, even if he is going out on loan. I don't expect him to make it at City but I would like to see him in our system & see how he looks. If he looks comfortable & solid, we know we may have something to work with this time next year & can plan accordingly. If he's shite & gets left for dead, we know we will probably have to look elsewhere.

Bluewonder said:
Vermaelen hasn't been good enough for 2-3 years now and is no better than Lescott. He would be cover at best

Rumours are he is off to United.......

Agent Edward ‏@Agent_Edward 1h
Breaking: Thomas Vermaelen agrees terms with Manchester United. Confirmed #mufc

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Bluewonder said:
Vermaelen hasn't been good enough for 2-3 years now and is no better than Lescott. He would be cover at best

Rumours are he is off to United.......

Agent Edward ‏@Agent_Edward 1h
Breaking: Thomas Vermaelen agrees terms with Manchester United. Confirmed #mufc

This how Woodward is announcing his transfer deals now?

Guys, I think its a big risk and he still very young but could this really happen?.......Could this be the reason why all has gone silent on signing a CB so far?......

Followed by Blue Crescent and 2 others
Manchester City FF ‏@mancityff 11h
Apparently City asked Karim Rekik back at City and could refrain buying a CB to give him first team football.

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Guys, I think its a big risk and he still very young but could this really happen?.......Could this be the reason why all has gone silent on signing a CB so far?......

Apparently City asked Karim Rekik back at City and could refrain buying a CB to give him first team football.

I think this is big risk. Id prefer send him on loan and in the summer of 2015 replace Demichelis as he will get released then very likely. If we want to push for Europe someday, Rekik is way inexperienced for that to say the least. What if Kompany gets injured then? Then we have old Demichelis and two very young inexperienced centre backs in Nastasic and Rekik.

So replace Demichelis with Rekik next summer. Kompany, Benatia/Mangala, Nastasic & Rekik in 2015 as CB options. Not bad in my opinion.

MeatHunterrr said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:

I think this is big risk. Id prefer send him on loan and in the summer of 2015 replace Demichelis as he will get released then very likely. If we want to push for Europe someday, Rekik is way inexperienced for that to say the least. What if Kompany gets injured then? Then we have old Demichelis and two very young inexperienced centre backs in Nastasic and Rekik.

So replace Demichelis with Rekik next summer. Kompany, Benatia/Mangala, Nastasic & Rekik in 2015 as CB options. Not bad in my opinion.

Sounds a good plan to me mate! ;)

IMO Karim Rekik will take part in some pre season friendlies and Pelligrini will have a good look at him and see what stage of his development he's at. He'll then go back out on loan preferably to a Premier league side say like Burnley for a year. We'll buy a quality Centre half to partner Vinnie. Just my opinion though and I may be well off the mark.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
IMO Karim Rekik will take part in some pre season friendlies and Pelligrini will have a good look at him and see what stage of his development he's at. He'll then go back out on loan preferably to a Premier league side say like Burnley for a year. We'll buy a quality Centre half to partner Vinnie. Just my opinion though and I may be well off the mark.

I think that's exactly what will happen & should happen, apart from it should be assessed if he is suitable to go to a Prem team, or if he is better off continuing to learn elsewhere rather than being exposed to it. . Pellegrini needs to have a close look at him & decide. Mancini saw him plenty in training but Pellegrini hasn't.

If we do give Rekik the 4th cb job now instead of signing someone though, I'll go on record now as saying we are in for a really really shit season if we pick up a couple of injuries to Vinny & Demi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.