Centre-back

City convinced by new Dutch star

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportinastorm.com/Premier-League/Manchester-City/City-convinced-by-new-Dutch-star/X1Y47Z1770277" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportinastorm.com/Premier-Le ... 47Z1770277</a>

City have told Dutch starlet Karim Rekik they aren't planning to loan him out again and want him in the first-team squad next season. The 19-year-old defender spent last season on loan with PSV Eindhoven and his form was impressive enough to receive a call-up for the Netherlands. Rekik has come through City's academy and was willing to stay in Holland for another season, but has now been told to report for pre-season training at the Etihad Stadium. The teenager also qualifies as both 'homegrown' and 'club trained'. The Premier League champions believe Rekik is now ready to make the final step up and also help meet their squad quota requirements. The news will be a blow to West Bromwich Albion and Southampton as both clubs were showing interest in a season-long loan deal for the City centre-back.

MeatHunterrr said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Guys, I think its a big risk and he still very young but could this really happen?.......Could this be the reason why all has gone silent on signing a CB so far?......

Followed by Blue Crescent and 2 others
Manchester City FF ‏@mancityff 11h
Apparently City asked Karim Rekik back at City and could refrain buying a CB to give him first team football.

I think this is big risk. Id prefer send him on loan and in the summer of 2015 replace Demichelis as he will get released then very likely. If we want to push for Europe someday, Rekik is way inexperienced for that to say the least. What if Kompany gets injured then? Then we have old Demichelis and two very young inexperienced centre backs in Nastasic and Rekik.

So replace Demichelis with Rekik next summer. Kompany, Benatia/Mangala, Nastasic & Rekik in 2015 as CB options. Not bad in my opinion.
Would make more sense than bringing Rekik back now

I can't see the risk myself, we played most of the season with just two centre backs last year, if they are good enough they are old enough and it saves fucking about trying to get a player who is overpriced.

Rammyblues said:
I can't see the risk myself, we played most of the season with just two centre backs last year, if they are good enough they are old enough and it saves fucking about trying to get a player who is overpriced.

You reckon Komps,Martin,Boyata,Nasty and Rekik are good enough options to win the Champs league?

Probably not when you take a cold hard look at the players, puts an awful amount of pressure on Komps and Martin. Everyone else seems to give 18s and 19 year old the chance you only have to look at Barkley and Shaw. It would be nice for one of the young uns to come through and be in the first team. I dunno just glad we have experts in charge rather than amateur like myself. :-)

I hope that this report about Rekik is true - I think he is a better bet than Nasty and it wouldn't surprise me if we sell the later rather than Karim. It would raise more money and I believe we would be better off in terms of homegrown quota, sending a positive message to our youth that if they knuckle down they can make the break through and I also think Martin is ok for another 12 months. Rekik had a good season by all accounts and played more than Nasty so win, win for me.

Mr HJ said:
I hope that this report about Rekik is true - I think he is a better bet than Nasty and it wouldn't surprise me if we sell the later rather than Karim. It would raise more money and I believe we would be better off in terms of homegrown quota, sending a positive message to our youth that if they knuckle down they can make the break through and I also think Martin is ok for another 12 months. Rekik had a good season by all accounts and played more than Nasty so win, win for me.

I still think if we lose either of the first choice pair,any of our current reserves will significantly weaken us.

We need experienced quality.

Maybe we believe Nastasic is at the point in his career where he needs regular football whereas rekik may need to just be training with top players. It wouldn't surprise me if Nastasic is loaned and rekik is our 4th choice cb behind kompany, demichelis and the new cb

Rammyblues said:
Probably not when you take a cold hard look at the players, puts an awful amount of pressure on Komps and Martin. Everyone else seems to give 18s and 19 year old the chance you only have to look at Barkley and Shaw. It would be nice for one of the young uns to come through and be in the first team. I dunno just glad we have experts in charge rather than amateur like myself. :-)

everyone else ?

those "everyone else" clubs finished 14 points and 30 points behind us and didnt play C/L football and were knocked out at earlier rounds of the Carling and FA cups.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.