Centre-back

To all the people thinking demichealis is to slow I think today showed that we NEED to buy 1 defender (two if we can replace lescott with a better younger player) 3 goal conceeded, not one due to pace, I do wish we'd of tried Rodwell at the back today instead of Garcia

Never mind all this talk of us 'only being without VK for a month and Nasty is back soon', the truth is we went into the season one CB down, and now we are playing catch-up already. Vinny has pulled a few muscles this last year or two and we aren't the same defence without him. Get it sorted City, and quick, otherwise this campaign is lost.

If people don't like Garcia at the back due to his lack of pace then I don't see the point of buying Demichelis for that role. The goals we conceded today might not have been due to that but Campbell had our CBs in his pocket all game and should have scored much earlier than he did. Besides, the goals we did concede were a 5'8'' bloke heading in corners which our defence should already be well capable of dealing with.

I'd much rather a younger player with a bit of pace who can learn of Kompany but step in comfortably if needed to. Nastasic debuted in the Bernabeu last season and had a terrific season dealing with all the expectation of a City CB. Young and inexperienced doesn't necessarily mean they're going to be any worse than an older player.

CityStu said:
If people don't like Garcia at the back due to his lack of pace then I don't see the point of buying Demichelis for that role. The goals we conceded today might not have been due to that but Campbell had our CBs in his pocket all game and should have scored much earlier than he did. Besides, the goals we did concede were a 5'8'' bloke heading in corners which our defence should already be well capable of dealing with.

Think today showed lescott and Garcia have a problem of not being comfortable on the ball under pressure and losing concentration... Demichealis looked comfortable in the champions league because he has those qualities and the experience of playing a high line, we need him!!!!<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:47 pm --<br /><br />
CityStu said:

Think today showed lescott and Garcia have a problem of not being comfortable on the ball under pressure and losing concentration... Demichealis looked comfortable in the champions league because he has those qualities and the experience of playing a high line, we need him!!!!

CityStu said:

I'd much rather a younger player with a bit of pace who can learn of Kompany but step in comfortably if needed to. Nastasic debuted in the Bernabeu last season and had a terrific season dealing with all the expectation of a City CB. Young and inexperienced doesn't necessarily mean they're going to be any worse than an older player.

But the difference is Dimichelis is an actual CH not a mediocre HM trying to play CH. It's not just his lack of pace but his lack of confidence in every aspect of the game, particularly with the ball and he doesn't read the game well. I keep seeing people posting how he reads the game well. I don't see it. How did he read todays game? People are oversimplifing Garcia's problems. It's not just that he's slow. He's a mediocre player who's also slow. Barry is slow but doesn't have the issues Garcia does. Why? Because he reads the gmae well and is very confident. He makes a decision and goes with it while Garcia flaps about a bit then makes a decision and his increadible slowness keeps him from making up for it.

Worryingly demichealis is on the bench tonight for athletico, I dont think he'd be in the squad if he was wanting to leave / on the verge of signing... We must be now looking elsewhere!

I'm not sure whether a short term signing is the answer

Defensive organisation isn't going to instantly improve with another new player in the back 4.

Marvin said:
I'm not sure whether a short term signing is the answer

Defensive organisation isn't going to instantly improve with another new player in the back 4.
But it can hardly make it worse

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.