Centre-back

Re: alternative Centre Back target

capiloton said:
if we can't sign either Mangala or Benatia, who else do you prefer? is there any other CB target which have rumor with us in this summer, except for those two?

which player you would like to see in City's shirt that you think is available and realistically can be signed?

my personal choice : Vertonghen or Lovren
I doubt we can realistically get Vertonghen for a decent price not that I'd want him any way. I would say Pepe but he was starting most of Real Madrids games so I don't think he'd want to leave. It has to be Garay for me already better than Mangala and available for a decent price, good age and champions league experience. I can see his price going up after the World Cup though as Argentina will probably get quite far in the tournament.

Re: alternative Centre Back target

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_Martins_Indi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_Martins_Indi</a>

This guy is young and maybe on the cheap, had a good game today.

MillionDollarDream said:
Can we please put an end to the Lovren talk?

His bad game was seen in front of 100's of millions.

It wasnt his best game I agree,however,it was one game against Brazil,the tournament favourites.......he still did ok and would still be an excellent option.

Mats Hummels, Angelo Ogbonna, Pepe, Omer Toprak, Juan Jesus, Miranda, Diego Godin, Laurent Koscielny, Dejan Lovren, Inigo Martinez.

Godin, Garay or Benatia. Think Mangala is too raw, and even if he has the season of his life, will his price rise to much more than 40mil? Hummels would be a quality addition and would suit our high line (assuming he gets good defensive cover when he goes forward for corners etc) , but he's dropped a tad since 2 years ago, and there's no guarantee Dortmund would sell or he'd want to move. How about Toprak? Pacy, solid, young and shouldn't cost too much.

Is he worth a look?

Vermaelen to follow Sagna out of Arsenal this summer

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/06/14/4881514/vermaelen-to-follow-sagna-out-of-arsenal-this-summer?CMPID=TWUK_140614_Vermaelen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... _Vermaelen</a>

14 Jun 2014 08:59:00
The form of Laurent Koscielny and Per Mertesacker saw the Gunners' captain lose his starting place last season and will seek a fresh challenge after the World Cup

By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

Thomas Vermaelen is set to follow Bacary Sagna out of the Arsenal exit door this summer, Goal understands.

The Gunners' captain wants to find a new club after slipping down the pecking order at Emirates Stadium over the last 15 months.

Arsenal expect the Belgian to become their second senior defender to leave in this window following Sagna, whose transfer to Manchester City on a three-year deal was confirmed on Friday.

Vermaelen has only a year remaining on his contract and Arsenal are unlikely to stand in the way of a move if they receive an offer that matches their £8 million valuation.

Manchester United and Napoli are among the clubs closely monitoring the versatile defender's situation.

The 28-year-old is expected to be a key figure for widely fancied Belgium in the World Cup, starting alongside Vincent Kompany in the centre of defence.

A strong tournament could increase interest across Europe in Vermaelen and give him more options later in the summer.

The Belgium international has been the third-choice centre-back at Arsenal since an error-strewn display in a 2-1 derby defeat to Tottenham in March 2013 prompted Arsene Wenger to make Per Mertesacker and Laurent Koscielny his preferred central defence partnership.

Mertesacker and Koscielny have both signed contract extensions in recent months, keeping them at Emirates until 2017 and 2018 respectively.

Arsenal will be in the market for a new centre-back if Vermaelen ends his five-year spell at the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.