Cesc Fabregas signs for Chelsea (page 190)

Re: Cesc Fabregas

the god Gerry Gow said:
Realise I should know this but how does someone like Fabregas qualify as homegrown?

Is it age he arrived here or length of time spent in country?

To be qualified as Association Trained (or homegrown) you need have been trained for 3 years at an English club prior to turning 21. Hence players like Fabregas and Clichy qualify as homegrown because they were at Arsenal for 3 years before they turned 21.

A front 6 of:

--------------Fernandinho------------
--------Fabregas------Yaya----------
Silva----------Aguero--------Jovetic

Wow.

CityFan94 said:
A front 6 of:

Wow.

The beauty of that six is their flexibility,each can play all over the park,opponents would be dizzy and mesmerised.

CityFan94 said:
A front 6 of:

Wow.

That's damn close to actually giving me goosebumps.

BUT... we know Manuel prefers to play with two strikers, provided we have at least two of them fit that is.

Matt the Giant said:
CityFan94 said:
A front 6 of:

Wow.

BUT... we know Manuel prefers to play with two strikers, provided we have at least two of them fit at least.

How about the same players in the diamond formation for 2 strikers
----------------fernandinho--------------------
--------fabregas----------yaya----------------
--------------------silva-------------------------
---------aguero----------jovetic---------------

Or 4-2-3-1 which we've played this season

Fernandinho yaya/fabregas
Silva. Yaya/fabregas. Jovetic
Aguero

Matt the Giant said:
CityFan94 said:
A front 6 of:

Wow.

BUT... we know Manuel prefers to play with two strikers, provided we have at least two of them fit that is.

I think in the last few months though Manuel started to realize that going two up top in the big games is too much of a risk and as we have seen in the Champions League this season it was pretty much suicide against Bayern Munich.

I think next season in the big away games in the league and in the Champions League games Manuel will go with one up front and that will likely be Sergio.

The key with Fabregas is that I think we need more depth in creative midfield for when Silva is out and having Fabregas rotating with Silva and Nasri would be perfect for us and our style of play, plus he is homegrown which should make his signature become an almost priority this summer.

BillyShears said:
Can't find a thread about him (I'm sure there is one somewhere). He's up for sale this summer, and I know the rags have been heavily linked with him, but he is exactly what we need in central midfield. I wonder if there's a temptation from City's side to go after him. We certainly should do. Top player.

Do you think Silva/Nasri and Fabregas would compliment each other or might they be getting in each other's channels ? I think there would be too many 'similar' players looking for the same channels and spaces. It might work perfectly but it could cause friction and classes. He won't be cheap either and I suppose his wage demands would be on a par with Silva.

CITYBOY1000 said:
BillyShears said:
Can't find a thread about him (I'm sure there is one somewhere). He's up for sale this summer, and I know the rags have been heavily linked with him, but he is exactly what we need in central midfield. I wonder if there's a temptation from City's side to go after him. We certainly should do. Top player.

Do you think Silva/Nasri and Fabregas would compliment each other or might they be getting in each other's channels ? I think there would be too many 'similar' players looking for the same channels and spaces. It might work perfectly but it could cause friction and classes. He won't be cheap either and I suppose his wage demands would be on a par with Silva.

I think it could release Silva into those areas around the box with Fabregas drawing players back out again, with Yaya there as well it would just pull deep defences all over the place, and Cesc can finish.

CITYBOY1000 said:
BillyShears said:

I think they would all rotate around the pitch playing free football.

Fabregas is a must regardless of wages in my opinion, he is arguably the best homegrown player on the market and we are in desperate need of homegrown talent.

I think cesc has seriously stagnated and a change of scenery may revive him but tbh i would prefer another midfielder with plenty of legs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.