Cesc Fabregas signs for Chelsea (page 190)

Re: Cesc Fabregas

Have to say on talkshite the other day they mentioned

5K to get pro licence here therefore 1500 coaches nationwide.
500 in Germany therefore several thousand

In Spain 1300 to get the licence and they have in excess of 12 thousand coaches. In other words they are in every school and amatuer team in the county. Until we flood our schools and footie clubs with properly trained coaches all training the kids in the proper way we will do fuck all.

Proelia said:
I think cesc has seriously stagnated and a change of scenery may revive him but tbh i would prefer another midfielder with plenty of legs

Fernando is known as the octopus. Is that ok for you ?

Just read that Juve have chosen Pogba over Vidal and could be selling him on to either Barca or Real which opens the door for Di Maria & Fabregas to leave, makes things seem more plausible.

Larry Stranger said:
Fabregas makes sense. Yes he is home grown which is a plus, but I think he can be slotted in at various positions. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Yaya have to play in the African Cup of Nations next year? Cesc could fill in at CM during that time next to Ferd or Garcia. I could also see him in as the 2nd striker along side Dzeko or Negredo. The only thing which makes me nervous is that because it's Barca they might want a swap deal for Aguero giving us Cesc and cash in return.

I've not seen loads of him at Barca but when he was at Arsenal he was perfectly prepared to take on the box-to-box role with plenty of running and some decent tackling. Assuming he's still got those attributes we'd be mental to not go in for him, he'd be able to rotate with any of our midfielders.

I don't get this idea that Fabregas has stagnated. He is 2nd best Barcelona scorer and 2nd or 3rd best on assists in Barcelona team since he joined them.

It's just that Barcelona fans are spoiled idiots and don't appreciate his contribution, bit like City fans haven't appreciated Dzeko goals until 3 weeks ago.

MSP said:
I don't get this idea that Fabregas has stagnated. He is 2nd best Barcelona scorer and 2nd or 3rd best on assists in Barcelona team since he joined them.

It's just that Barcelona fans are spoiled idiots and don't appreciate his contribution, bit like City fans haven't appreciated Dzeko goals until 3 weeks ago.

I think you're doing man City fans an injustice!! .....Its not just about Dzeko's goals - his whole attitude and workrate have changed for the better the second half of this season - any decent footballer supporter recognises when one of their players isn't giving 100% and quite frankly Dzeko was a lazy bastard in the past and didn't look interested at times - there's been a massive change and I suppose its because he's happy, so we must credit Pellegrini for that!

TrueBlue1705 said:
MSP said:

I think you're doing man City fans an injustice!! .....Its not just about Dzeko's goals - his whole attitude and workrate have changed for the better the second half of this season - any decent footballer supporter recognises when one of their players isn't giving 100% and quite frankly Dzeko was a lazy bastard in the past and didn't look interested at times - there's been a massive change and I suppose its because he's happy, so we must credit Pellegrini for that!

100% thing is typical English stuff that is quite honestly so 70s (and Mourinho type) bullshit. That's why Parker was voted as player of the year few seasons ago despite being shit.

I give you that Dzeko had some periods where he looked a shit but he is striker and he scored goals, that's all what should be important with strikers. ANd he was considered shit when he had 20 goals this season, it's only after Rags and then Palace/Everton that things turned around for him, so it was not long time ago.

But anyway, let's not turn it to Dzeko discussion...

Fabregas did pretty well at Barca IMO, just as Ibrahimovic did, to think their time at Barcelona is failure is rich. Barcelona fans are arrogant bastards that witnessed one of their generations being one of the best ever and on first signs of problems (which are normal for aging squad that won everything) are turning on on many of their players with Fabregas being first. There are many of them talking shit about Messi these days because he didn't score his usual 300 goals per season this term.

So if the reports are true, that Barcelona are listening to offers for Fabregas (and Sanchez). Well then we should make him our first priority and do whatever it takes to land him.
But I just can't understand why Barcelona would sell him, the natural heir to Xavi, scored eight and assisted 13 this season.

45M secures him apparently.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2632788/Manchester-United-Arsenal-told-cost-45m-sign-Cesc-Fabregas.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... regas.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.