Cesc Fabregas signs for Chelsea (page 190)

Re: Cesc Fabregas

Proelia said:
I think cesc has seriously stagnated and a change of scenery may revive him but tbh i would prefer another midfielder with plenty of legs

I think Fernando is looking likely to be joining us this summer mate so that covers central midfield with us having Yaya, Fernandinho, Garcia and Fernando to pick from.

Fabregas being homegrown is simply a must in my opinion pal.

Those two players should see our midfield and attack set and ready to go for another trophy hunt next season with us just needing to sort out our defence to complete the squad.

BillyShears said:
the god Gerry Gow said:
Realise I should know this but how does someone like Fabregas qualify as homegrown?

Is it age he arrived here or length of time spent in country?

To be qualified as Association Trained (or homegrown) you need have been trained for 3 years at an English club prior to turning 21. Hence players like Fabregas and Clichy qualify as homegrown because they were at Arsenal for 3 years before they turned 21.

Thanks for that Billy

CityFan94 said:
A front 6 of:

--------------Fernandinho------------
--------Fabregas------Yaya----------
Silva----------Aguero--------Jovetic

Wow.

Poor Greg Dyke ......

Proelia said:
I think cesc has seriously stagnated and a change of scenery may revive him but tbh i would prefer another midfielder with plenty of legs

How many legs would you like him to have ?

Jordan CTID said:
El Mago said:
Who will he replace in our starting Eleven ?

Nasri. He's been poor since returning from injury. Personally thought he was poor yesterday despite his goal, but I'm not too arsed about that now.

Anyway, he can pretty much play in any position in midfield and has even played as Spain's false nine on a few occasions. We wouldn't have any trouble accommodating him here.

Fabregas links really well with Nasri so, if Fabregas, came to City, I'd expect those two to appear together regularly. We need another creative midfielder to add to the mix to allow us to rotate more without the drop in performance that we get when Our best players are not there. Having someone like Fabregas come in would allow us to rest all our first choice midfielders more and give us more flexibility in terms of team shape and selections.

For me it's like the Rags signing Mata when they had Rooney playing of the striker. We have Aguero and he's always played better of a target man so where would that leave Fabregas. In the position Nasri plays on the left I'd choose him over Fabregas. In a midfield 2 I'd prefer Barkley or Pogba rather we spent the money on Reus next year when his 35m clause can be activated, in the Bundesliga he's got 16 goals and 13 assists.

BillyShears said:
the god Gerry Gow said:
Realise I should know this but how does someone like Fabregas qualify as homegrown?

To be qualified as Association Trained (or homegrown) you need have been trained for 3 years at an English club prior to turning 21. Hence players like Fabregas and Clichy qualify as homegrown because they were at Arsenal for 3 years before they turned 21.

The 'homegrown' rule is a great way to improve the England squad;
(1) Identify the problem - too many foreign players being bought, so young English players who've been developed in the youth team don't get enough opportunities in the first team.
(2) Solve the problem - encourage teams to replace their English youth players (starting at about the 14 year-olds) with foreign players who will be 'homegrown' at 17-18, so that English players don't even get an opportunity to play in the youth team.
(3) Await World Cup win.

CaliforniaBlue said:
BillyShears said:
the god Gerry Gow said:

The 'homegrown' rule is a great way to improve the England squad;
(1) Identify the problem - too many foreign players being bought, so young English players who've been developed in the youth team don't get enough opportunities in the first team.
(2) Solve the problem - encourage teams to replace their English youth players (starting at about the 14 year-olds) with foreign players who will be 'homegrown' at 17-18, so that English players don't even get an opportunity to play in the youth team.
(3) Await World Cup win.

You make a good point re the homegrown regulations but if English football was serious about sorting its act out it wouldn't put an idiot like Greg Dyke into the top job at the FA.

Fabregas makes sense. Yes he is home grown which is a plus, but I think he can be slotted in at various positions. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Yaya have to play in the African Cup of Nations next year? Cesc could fill in at CM during that time next to Ferd or Garcia. I could also see him in as the 2nd striker along side Dzeko or Negredo. The only thing which makes me nervous is that because it's Barca they might want a swap deal for Aguero giving us Cesc and cash in return.

Cesc would be great to have. Depth next season is key. Our midfield will be taxed next year given how many competitions City competed deep into this year and that many will be representing their countries at the World Cup. No rest for the weary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.