Cesc Fabregas signs for Chelsea (page 190)

Re: Cesc Fabregas

sam-caddick said:
i♥city! said:
Cesc to do the job of Yaya ....fucking hilarious .

Nobody in world football can do the job that Yaya does so we would have to change our style a bit.

Fabregas wont give us that power and driving runs but he can find the pass that you require from a central midfielder and will most likely get what Yaya gets in goals he will get in assists.

Fernandinho will most likely go back to what he was like at Shakhtar and become that box to box midfielder.

Exactly, and Fernando would act as primarily a defensive midfielder working next to Fernandinho and behind Fabregas.

No we can't replace Yaya with any other player, but as mentioned before, a midfield such as the one just described wouldn't be a weaker one than what we had this season.

I don't think Fabregas market value is much lower than that of Yaya today. But Yaya's will be dipping from now on whereas Fabregas's will raise.

Matt the Giant said:
sam-caddick said:
i♥city! said:
Cesc to do the job of Yaya ....fucking hilarious .

Nobody in world football can do the job that Yaya does so we would have to change our style a bit.

Fabregas wont give us that power and driving runs but he can find the pass that you require from a central midfielder and will most likely get what Yaya gets in goals he will get in assists.

Fernandinho will most likely go back to what he was like at Shakhtar and become that box to box midfielder.

Exactly, and Fernando would act as primarily a defensive midfielder working next to Fernandinho and behind Fabregas.

No we can't replace Yaya with any other player, but as mentioned before, a midfield such as the one just described wouldn't be a weaker one than what we had this season.

I don't think Fabregas market value is much lower than that of Yaya today. But Yaya's will be dipping from now on whereas Fabregas's will raise.

Guillem Balague said on Revista tonight that if Fabregas' buyout of 40m euros came in (so what's that? 32.5m pounds?) then Barca will tell Fabregas he can leave and it becomes up to him, Guillem did say he wants to come back to England and that Arsenal DO NOT have a first refusal.

Barca want to sell him though.

I would do a swap plus 10m from Barcelona.

If Yaya really is set on a return to Barca, I would demand we get Fabregas in return. Yaya is 31 and will need to be replaced within the next few seasons anyway.

Nobody can replace Yaya so we will have to adapt, possibly to a 3 man midfield and Fabregas is one of the best creative CMs in the world who knows the league and our style of play and also doesn't seem to be fully appreciated at Barca by their fans or staff. He is not a player shy of work either or getting stuck in, he is capable of tackling and closing down well but not to the same standard of Yaya (although he has better mobility, which to be honest in certain games makes Yaya a liability even with Fernandinho doing all the running).

Cesc could play a very similar role to Yaya by being our hub without the physical presence but I feel he has a more creative side to him. A midfield three of Fabregas, Fernandinho and Fernando would be amazing and rival the best in the world. Maybe a 2 man midfield could still work for certain games.

So if Yaya really is trying to jump back to Barca before their transfer ban, I would love if we got Fabregas in return.

It would be a straight swap or plus cash on barcas side, no way cesc is worth more than Yaya...no way in hell

Uptopbob said:
If Yaya really is set on a return to Barca, I would demand we get Fabregas in return. Yaya is 31 and will need to be replaced within the next few seasons anyway.

Nobody can replace Yaya so we will have to adapt, possibly to a 3 man midfield and Fabregas is one of the best creative CMs in the world who knows the league and our style of play and also doesn't seem to be fully appreciated at Barca by their fans or staff. He is not a player shy of work either or getting stuck in, he is capable of tackling and closing down well but not to the same standard of Yaya (although he has better mobility, which to be honest in certain games makes Yaya a liability even with Fernandinho doing all the running).

Cesc could play a very similar role to Yaya by being our hub without the physical presence but I feel he has a more creative side to him. A midfield three of Fabregas, Fernandinho and Fernando would be amazing and rival the best in the world. Maybe a 2 man midfield could still work for certain games.

So if Yaya really is trying to jump back to Barca before their transfer ban, I would love if we got Fabregas in return.

Sounds good to me.

Kompany is King said:
Uptopbob said:

Sounds good to me.

A swap deal is well worth it imo. Yaya could be finished within 2 years yet cesc could keep going for another 6. Can't see barca going through with that unless we pay them some money aswell.

Manchester_lalala said:
Kompany is King said:
Uptopbob said:

Sounds good to me.

A swap deal is well worth it imo. Yaya could be finished within 2 years yet cesc could keep going for another 6. Can't see barca going through with that unless we pay them some money aswell.

Let Yaya pay the difference if so. He can afford it.

Manchester_lalala said:
Kompany is King said:
Uptopbob said:

Sounds good to me.

I disagree, if what Guillem Balague said is true and Barca will sell Cesc if his buyout is met which is 32.5m, then I see Barca either doing the swap or even paying us cash on top.

Luis Enrique apparently wants a powerful midfielder to evolve Barcelona and they don't come much better than Yaya.

I can see it happening if Yaya wants to go back to Barca.

My main worry with Fabregas is he is just going to get in Silva's way trying to play the same role.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.