Cesc Fabregas signs for Chelsea (page 190)

Re: Cesc Fabregas

kippaxblue76 said:
If reports are to be believed that we are well advanced with Fernando then would we look to sign Fabregas as well ? I suppose if you let Garcia and Rodwell go then it would be possible.

I wouldn't expect so unless, like you say, Garcia and Rodwell go

I doubt we're in for him specifically, but judging by Txiki's quotes I guess we're open to a luxury 'once-in-a-blue-moon' signing, if said player becomes available. I'd love to see him here.

The Fat el Hombre said:
kippaxblue76 said:
If reports are to be believed that we are well advanced with Fernando then would we look to sign Fabregas as well ? I suppose if you let Garcia and Rodwell go then it would be possible.

I wouldn't expect so unless, like you say, Garcia and Rodwell go

For me Milner and Rodwell would be more likely to make room, Fabregas plays further forward than Garcia. Especially if reports that Zucculini move is off are true.

I'm pretty sure in order to sign Cesc, we have to let both Garcia and Rodwell go. And if don't have an adequate player of Garcia's mould, we could suffer.

Akira said:
I'm pretty sure in order to sign Cesc, we have to let both Garcia and Rodwell go. And if don't have an adequate player of Garcia's mould, we could suffer.

Nah I think you could keep Garcia and he'd be happy. He's the perfect squad player in that sense because he won't complain about not playing and he provides an option in the squad we won't use a lot but still need.

aguero93:20 said:
BillyShears said:
Gundogan, Kroos, Pogba, Vidal.

Gundogan hasn't kicked a ball all season. Kroos can't touch Fabregas right now - although he might develop into a top player over time. Vidal and Pogba will both cost literally double what Cesc will IMO.

I also think you have to look at the make up of our squad and the strong Spanish presence in and around the club. For me it's a no brainer. We definitely need another world class centre midfield player, and someone with different attributes to those of Yaya and Dinho ...

What money on both Garcia and Rodwell leaving and Cesc and Fernando coming in. Would be quite the upgrade IMO and we'd be much closer to a midfield capable of winning the CL then.
Fabregas would replace Yaya in our Formation/System not Supplement him. All those I've named could play alongside.

How often have we started Yaya in the number 10 position that Fabregas would play? Chelsea away and Hull away's all I can think of and Hull away he had to drop deeper after less than 10 minutes due to Kompany getting sent off. If there's the slightest chance of getting Fabregas we should be all over it. Like. A. Rash.

Kun Aguero said:
BillyShears said:
Gundogan hasn't kicked a ball all season. Kroos can't touch Fabregas right now - although he might develop into a top player over time. Vidal and Pogba will both cost literally double what Cesc will IMO.

I also think you have to look at the make up of our squad and the strong Spanish presence in and around the club. For me it's a no brainer. We definitely need another world class centre midfield player, and someone with different attributes to those of Yaya and Dinho ...

What money on both Garcia and Rodwell leaving and Cesc and Fernando coming in. Would be quite the upgrade IMO and we'd be much closer to a midfield capable of winning the CL then.
Fabregas would replace Yaya in our Formation/System not Supplement him. All those I've named could play alongside.

How often have we started Yaya in the number 10 position that Fabregas would play? Chelsea away and Hull away's all I can think of and Hull away he had to drop deeper after less than 10 minutes due to Kompany getting sent off. If there's the slightest chance of getting Fabregas we should be all over it. Like. A. Rash.
Yaya is a better number 8, Silva/Kun are better number 10s, if we're going to make a marquee signing I'd prefer a world class CB to partner Vinny or a world class left winger.
Think you're getting me a little wrong here as well, I won't complain if we sign him, I just think there are better targets.

Kun Aguero said:

Yaya is a better number 8, Silva/Kun are better number 10s, if we're going to make a marquee signing I'd prefer a world class CB to partner Vinny or a world class left winger.
Think you're getting me a little wrong here as well, I won't complain if we sign him, I just think there are better targets.

They're not mutually exclusive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.