CFG | Academy | EDS in & out season 2021/22

Yeah. I don't feel there's the same 'love' for him as Palmer and Delap, which surprises me.
He's 19 soon,and he is good enough for most first team squads.

Here he has the issue of forcing his way into a side that contains the best players in the world in the position he plays.So unless he shows great patience,then i also suspect he might just have his head turned as there will be no shortage of very interested parties looking to steal a wonderful talent and probable bargain.

Here he has the issue of forcing his way into a side that contains the best players in the world in the position he plays.So unless he shows great patience,then i also suspect he might just have his head turned as there will be no shortage of very interested parties looking to steal a wonderful talent and probable bargain.
He will be a loss if he goes. I am not sure we will be lucky enough to have two players in quick succession that show great patience. If he is 19 soon I can see why he would be wanting more first team inclusion, if indeed he is.

Good insight. I just think he's a really good player and has a big future.
How does he compare to Palmer @FantasyIreland?
I've got my opinion but I generally watch highlight reels and the occasional match on City+, but I'm often distracted.

Good insight. I just think he's a really good player and has a big future.
How does he compare to Palmer @FantasyIreland?
I've got my opinion but I generally watch highlight reels and the occasional match on City+, but I'm often distracted.

You are comparing players with differing qualities,strengths and physiques.

McAtee is a Gundo/D Silva hybrid while Palmer more resembles Mahrez.

Personally,i think McAtee is the bigger talent of the two and definitely the more sought after in respect of what he can bring to a team......he controls and dictates play,he finds space where there isnt any,and his vision and weight of pass is fantastic - he just makes the game look easy with his very silky and composed style.

@FantasyIreland has said it all.

I’d like to highlight that the one thing McAtee does really well is find space. The ball seems to always come to him. There’s a grace in his movement; somewhat like a glide. His weight of pass is excellent.

Nonetheless, I hope he does have the patience to wait for his chance and also backs himself to succeed at City

You are comparing players with differing qualities,strengths and physiques.

McAtee is a Gundo/D Silva hybrid while Palmer more resembles Mahrez.

Personally,i think McAtee is the bigger talent of the two and definitely the more sought after in respect of what he can bring to a team......he controls and dictates play,he finds space where there isnt any,and his vision and weight of pass is fantastic - he just makes the game look easy with his very silky and composed style.
They were my views, from the games I've seen.
He plays on the half turn too, which means he's already got a picture of what's going on around him.
Over the last 10 years or so we've come so accustomed to this we think it's the norm.
In young players it's definitely not.

They were my views, from the games I've seen.
He plays on the half turn too, which means he's already got a picture of what's going on around him.
Over the last 10 years or so we've come so accustomed to this we think it's the norm.
In young players it's definitely not.
No,he's an exceptional talent with a very enviable skillset.

@FantasyIreland has said it all.

I’d like to highlight that the one thing McAtee does really well is find space. The ball seems to always come to him. There’s a grace in his movement; somewhat like a glide. His weight of pass is excellent.

Nonetheless, I hope he does have the patience to wait for his chance and also backs himself to succeed at City

His contract situation has to be a worry at this stage. Given we managed to tie Palmer and Delap down, you’d have thought McAtee would have been offered a deal this year too. Would love to see him get a chance.

His contract situation has to be a worry at this stage. Given we managed to tie Palmer and Delap down, you’d have thought McAtee would have been offered a deal this year too. Would love to see him get a chance.
Indeed it is. Right now, I’d even be happy with him getting 5-20 mins here and there like Foden did when he was being eased into the first team.

Yan Couto being linked with a loan at Bournemouth next summer - if they are promoted.
Currently at Braga in Portugal, doing ok without being spectacular by all accounts. He has featured in five Europa League games which is a bonus for his development
Morgan Rogers hasn’t really had a sniff since going on loan to Bournemouth so not sure how keen City would be in sending another player their way tbh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.