Champions League 2018/2019 (Shaktar Donetsk, Lyon, Hoffenheim)

I know it's already written in the stars but do these pairings make it more/less likely for a loco/rag group?
They shouldn't make a difference in that sense - because Liverpool are in Pot 3, the only group United won't be able to be drawn into is ours, (1 in 7 chance of drawing Loko). If they are on the opposite side of the draw to Loko, Liverpool will have either a 1 in 3 chance of drawing them (as either ourselves or Spurs will be on the same side of the draw as the scousers. That is also presuming spurs don't get them, which would require us being drawn on the opposite side of the draw to Loko.

They shouldn't make a difference in that sense - because Liverpool are in Pot 3, the only group United won't be able to be drawn into is ours, (1 in 7 chance of drawing Loko). If they are on the opposite side of the draw to Loko, Liverpool will have either a 1 in 3 chance of drawing them (as either ourselves or Spurs will be on the same side of the draw as the scousers. That is also presuming spurs don't get them, which would require us being drawn on the opposite side of the draw to Loko.
It's fucking madness, an open draw my arse.

Dippers and the rags paired, surely it should be us and the rags paired so we can’t play on the same night. Or am I reading it wrong.
No, the rags and scousers are paired as well as ourselves and Spurs. This just means there's a chance we'll play on the same nights as them (or Liverpool, whoever is on our side of the draw), but they will play away when we are at home etc.

This happened in 2011/2012 if I remember correctly. When we played Bayern Munich in the final group game and got knocked into the Europa league (despite winning), United were also playing and got knocked into the Europa league. They put it up on the boards and everyone started cheering.

Just had a go with the simulator that's kicking around and you know its 100% accurate because the rags got Valencia, Plzen and Lokomotiv whereas we managed to get Napoli, Lyon and Inter.

Link - https://draw.inker.fun/#/cl/gs

Good fun that,made me smile,this is what it produced for me

City - Porto-Lyon-Galatasaray

Bayern -Rags-Ajax-Inter

Athletico - Roma-Dippers-Hoffenheim

I'll take that

It's fucking madness, an open draw my arse.

The only way to avoid this is to seed 8 champions and leave the rest of the draw unseeded. Imagine a group that had both City/United or Barca/Madrid in. It would make the groups significantly more interesting. Imagine a real group of death with Barca, Munich, City and PSG. It would also give smaller clubs the opportunity to progress further.

Just had a go with the simulator that's kicking around and you know its 100% accurate because the rags got Valencia, Plzen and Lokomotiv whereas we managed to get Napoli, Lyon and Inter.

Link - https://draw.inker.fun/#/cl/gs
Had a go. Mixed results:
City -Shakhtar, Valencia & Crvena
Rags -Barcelona, Ajax & Plzen
Dippers -Atletico, Roma & AEK
Spurs -Lokomotiv, Lyon & Inter

As long as we get inter I'm not bothered who the rest are hope the rags get an easy group and humiliated hope the scousers get a hard group but go through as don't think there squad can handle being in 2 major competition

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.