Champions League 2020/21

To be fair, he lost two finals to one of the greatest club sides ever. I’m made up he did because it means they’re nowhere near our total but a little unlucky to play them in two finals. That said, tactical naivety cost him more than once in Europe, throwing 4-4-2 at everything was mopped up by more astute managers.

Yeah, in fairness, it's cup football though with the added advantage of seeding. It's a bit like saying whoever wins the FA cup is the best team in England.

You do know how the Champions League works, right? Which rules would you implement to make the groups?

I’m fully aware of how it works that was my point, there’s so many rules invented purely to ensure the best teams are given as many advantages as possible to make the latter stages. Personally I’d scrap all the rules so there’s it’s a completely random draw, might actually make things interesting and worth watching before the quarter finals. Never going to happen though.

Oh dear, they haven't faced in two years despite being in two top clubs who both reached the elimination rounds of the CL. Now they get drawn against together in a group stage and it's yet another European conspiracy? I'm sure even the leaves falling outside the Etihad are out to get you, if you squint hard enough.

If you despise the competition and have no interest in it there's no reason for you to be in this thread btw.
QkR0NS30aawH6.gif

Both Porto and Olympiakos are in good league form so i really hope City don't take anything for granted with this draw ..... we should be good enough to progress but we have to keep our eye firmly on the ball , and on the prize ... even the likes of Marseille are capable of causing shocks!

Last edited:
I’m fully aware of how it works that was my point, there’s so many rules invented purely to ensure the best teams are given as many advantages as possible to make the latter stages. Personally I’d scrap all the rules so there’s it’s a completely random draw, might actually make things interesting and worth watching before the quarter finals. Never going to happen though.

As I highlighted, it's the Champions League, not the All-European-Clubs Lucky-League. If you don't provide rules to balance the tournament and ensure that the strongest one wins, why bother at all? What is the title worth for? These rules are applied in lots of other tournament sports too, it's basic logic. Even the World Cup works this way, if you want to remain in the football field.

Everyone says they want a non seeded draw until someone links a mock draw and then you realise it would just become the FA Cup or League Cup where before the last 16, 90% of the ties are very one sided and foregone conclusions.

Worth looking at the bracket for the last European cup just to see how many games there were that no one would ever want to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.