Champions League - 2021/22

Hope others do the same.
We got 50K for Hoffenheim and Shaktar in 2018/2019. And 40K for Lyon (was the 1st game, same as Leipzig).

We seem to be well down on that level. Maybe a lack of tourists? Those CL games always had a pretty different crowd.
I'm a bit puzzled by our crowds & ticket demand this season, for home and away games.
Other comparable clubs don't seem similarly affected?
We sold Norwich's returned allocation for the opening game, and against Arsenal the ground was full part from single seats and now that seasoncard holders can sell their own seats, I don't think we'll ever sell all the single seats.

I suspect part of our regular supporters are a bit wary of Covid. You've probably got the same effect at grounds around the country. It will take a while for people to get back to normal (3rd jab for those with reason to worry).

The UK is considered to be a red zone country by the Belgium government so a test is required on day 1 in Belgium and quarantine until a negative result has been received. I know that UEFA have now announced that fans can enter stadiums for champions league matches, but unless this changed I don’t think many fans will be going to Bruges. Who wants to quarantine out there and the have the rigmarole and expense of further tests when returning to the UK. Unless there is a way to receive an instant result at the airport in Belgium it just makes the whole trip to difficult

Other clubs don’t have the fucking rigmarole we have.
This is it in a nutshell. City have made it genuinely difficult to attend matches, and with the supporter services shit show, almost impossible to interact with the club, about the multiple problems the club have created. The likely attendances against Leipzig and Wycombe might just send the message to the clowns who are desperately trying to cull the legacy support that the ‘new’ fans are transient and fickle by comparison. Big games yes, Leipzig, no. In prior seasons I would have gone to the game and bought three extra tickets for next week and taken my grandkids, currently I wouldn’t even entertain the idea, just way too many hoops to jump through.

We sold Norwich's returned allocation for the opening game, and against Arsenal the ground was full part from single seats and now that seasoncard holders can sell their own seats, I don't think we'll ever sell all the single seats.

I suspect part of our regular supporters are a bit wary of Covid. You've probably got the same effect at grounds around the country. It will take a while for people to get back to normal (3rd jab for those with reason to worry).
The returned Norwich allocation sold quickly at £30 a ticket.
Price it right and they will come.

edit: tickets for the Liepzig home game are certainly priced right.

Last edited:
This is it in a nutshell. City have made it genuinely difficult to attend matches, and with the supporter services shit show, almost impossible to interact with the club, about the multiple problems the club have created. The likely attendances against Leipzig and Wycombe might just send the message to the clowns who are desperately trying to cull the legacy support that the ‘new’ fans are transient and fickle by comparison. Big games yes, Leipzig, no. In prior seasons I would have gone to the game and bought three extra tickets for next week and taken my grandkids, currently I wouldn’t even entertain the idea, just way too many hoops to jump through.
It really isn't that difficult just log on and buy the tickets.

Your post just screams that you are moaning for likes.

Tickets in the last week sale always sell quicker a good result Saturday will also boost sales I'd expect over 40k which is food for a midweek game.

Nothing gone from my account.
Nothing from mine, not concerned if they cock it up, I will just watch it on TV and come out of the scheme. I was thinking of giving it a miss this year but as we have some new and interesting group games I have signed up.

I was talking with my son at the Arsenal games and saying how much better it is seeing the play live but its up to the club to allow fans to do that as easy as possible

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.